PDA

View Full Version : Please, Please Convince me not to google, Please help me! internal bleeding???

panicagain
18-01-08, 05:38
I'm really obsessing tonight over my symptoms and when i do this the first thing i do is look up my symptoms. I know i shouldn't but i can't seem to help myself. So instead of googling, can someone tell me how i would know if i was bleeding internally????? I'm having alot of abdominal pain/cramping and i'm really afraid i'm having an ectopic pregnancy, and if it would burst i would die from internal bleeding. I took a home pg test that was neg but the directions said its not as effective if its an ectopic!!! So i'm gonna try to get into somewhere tomorrow to get a blood test done but i'm just sooooo scared that i'm not gonna live till then!! Do you know what happens when you bleed internally? I want to google it so bad but if someone tells me it'll be easier to "not" google. Please Someone Help:weep:

ladygrom
18-01-08, 05:42
awwwwww please dont google i had a habbit of that it makes things worse i no its hard not to but please dont look up symtoms .if your worried get checked at docs just for your own peace of mind.please tc elaine xxxi dnt think you have internal bleeding ,xxxxx

sarajane
18-01-08, 06:54
try really hard to find something to take ur mind off this, until u can see a doctor. hugs oxoxoxoxox
sj

JennyW
18-01-08, 08:26
trying not to google your symptoms is harder done than said, I know. The times I've done and it and scared myself silly. There is probably a very simple explanation for the bleeding but it's really best you seek advice from your GP and not Dr Google :hugs: .

Big hugs and let us know how you get on :flowers:

Angel64
18-01-08, 08:40
Hi, I had about 6 heart attacks on Tuesday, at the time they seemed so
real, but it wasn't my heart just my mind ! Ok there was pain but I had
been told it was indigestion based already.

At one point I came in here to the chat room, and an hour later was feeling
a lot better, the pain was still there but the fear wasn't.

Now I have found this site I don't need to google anymore, just come in
here and leave reassured.

If not totally reasured a lot less tense and worried.

I havent been here long but everyone is so kind and friendly I wish I
had found it years ago.

Take care Christine. xx :flowers:

panicagain
18-01-08, 09:27
Thanks Y'all for your kind words:hugs: I haven't googled yet, i think its a record for me, usually i would've done it by now even though i know its not best, so instead i went and laid down a bit and fell asleep but something woke me up and now i'm terrified again. This time to make it more "fun" i have a bad headache, kinda lightheaded, and shakey. And not to mention the feeling of doom. Isn't these the symptoms of losing too much blood? Maybe internal bleeding? This is driving me insane!!!! I still have 4 more hours till the clinic opens up so i can go. I'm afraid:weep:

lesleya
18-01-08, 09:40
Aaaw sorry your feeling so scared,I know its so hard not to google, but i used to do it and i always felt ten times worse afterwards. Why not try popping into the chat room for a little while and have a chat and maybe a bit of a laugh to try take your mind off the way your feeling...its works wonders when im feeling scared and frightened.
Hope your better soon hun xxx

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

spacebunnyx
18-01-08, 14:19
hi, DO NOT GOOGLE! i've had an ectopic pregnancy with internal bleeding - and have found out that it RARELY causes complications. by the time you start bleeding with an ectopic pregnancy you normally test positive in a preg test - i did. also, if you are haveing an ectopic preg with internal bleeding you tend to have vaginal bleeding too. so it is REALLY unlikely you have this.

love jess xxx

panicagain
18-01-08, 16:51
hi, DO NOT GOOGLE! i've had an ectopic pregnancy with internal bleeding - and have found out that it RARELY causes complications. by the time you start bleeding with an ectopic pregnancy you normally test positive in a preg test - i did. also, if you are haveing an ectopic preg with internal bleeding you tend to have vaginal bleeding too. so it is REALLY unlikely you have this.

love jess xxx

Thank You So Much for telling me your experience:hugs: I'm so sorry you went through that.
And i'd also Thank the rest of y'all for getting me through the night, and i found a clinic to do a blood pg test for me today just incase. Thats the main thing i'm worried about cuz if the test is neg i know its my IBS :mad: . I feel better today but thats only cuz its Daytime, i'm sure by tonight i'll be leaning on y'all again to get me through cuz the blood test won't be back for 24 to 48 hrs. I took another home test this morning which was neg again but i guess i feel better with the blood test:wacko: . Again,,,Thank You!
By the way, I never did google last night! Yay for me:yesyes:

Alisonj
18-01-08, 18:16
Good job not googling!!!! That is a great step!
I dont know alot about ectopic pregnancies but I have been at the ER with each of my pregnancies thinking that I was having one!
The doctors told me that the pain with them is very very bad and it is usually quite obvious from the pain what is happening.
I dont know if that help eases your mind but I do hope you are feeling better!

Sax
18-01-08, 18:31
............... i know its my IBS :mad: . I feel better today but thats only cuz its Daytime, i'm sure by tonight i'll be leaning on y'all again...................

I believe you have answered your own question and know logically that IBS can cause abdo pain/discomfort. However this won't stop you worrying but I hope you feel reassured listening to others experiences and the wise words of advising you not to use google. A little medical knowledge (especially that read in small paragraphs on sites having googling) really isn't very productive.
As for leaning on people here, well remember there is always someone here to listen and writing things here on the forum can alliviate worries or coming into chat and discussing your concerns or taking your mind off things and joining in the general chat.

I hope you are feeling less alone and worried x

Neilr1978
18-01-08, 19:00
DONT DONT DONT GOOGLE!!!!!. I used to google things and TRUST me it only makes you feel 10 times worse as everyone on here will and are tell you.I know its really tempting to try and see what wrong but you only end up finding serious things wrong as they tend to be the things on the first few pages of google.And a few times i used to look and look UNTIL i found something serious to try and justify to myself"see im right and all the doctors are wrong".dont google try to relax instead you will feel better for it!!

helenclaire
19-01-08, 12:36
Hi.
please try not to worry, i have had an ectopic pregnancy with internal bleeding and the symptoms you describe are not what i had. Like Jess says you would be having some vaginal bleeding i had spotting for several days before i went into hospital and by then the pain in my side was so unbearable i nearly passed out.
By the time the internal bleeding became bad i was already on my way to theatre. so be rest assured before things get that bad the chances are you will already be in hospital.
Take care
Helen:hugs: