PDA

View Full Version : Hiya !

miss_moo
18-01-08, 23:45
Hiya all,found this site last weekend whilst searching for information on the symtoms i have. I am 31, married, mum of 2 who up until October was happy, go-lucky, ballsy, and normal. It started when i went shopping with my husband and while in a shop i became hot and dizzy as if i was standing still and the shop was spinning around, i just had to get out. We went home and put it down to my ears as i have had problems with them although not feeling dizzy or off balance. I stayed in bed for a week as this was the only place i felt safe and that i wasn't spinning. I went to the doctor who perscribed tablets for my ears. Things got better and again weeks later whilst shopping it happened again but my heart was pounding and my hands were shaking this time. I was really frightened and couldn't help googling my symtoms which of course is the wrong thing to do i had everything from blocked ears to a brain tumor! I was terrified to go back to the doctors but after weeks of coaxing from my husband who was getting fed up with me refusing to go out because i was scared of what would happen even thinking about going out caused me to go light headed and my heart racing. The doctor listened as i explained what was going on whilst trying not to go into great detail incase he did say it was a brain tumor! he mentioned being anxious and if anybody else in my family had it, then it came to us my mum had it when i was about 16 she had the same symtoms as me not being able to go out and staying in bed being low in mood, i didnt really think about it as i was younger, i had other things to do. He prescibed Propranol and said in a few weeks i would get my confidence back and be ok . It did work for a bit i started going out in the car to my mums who was very supportive and started going out to the shops again much to the relief of my husband who for 2 months had had to do all the shopping but i still couldnt go out alone even walking down the road made me go funny. On the run up to xmas all the shops were getting busier and again i had an attack so didnt do any xmas shopping my husband did it all i gave him a list and sat in the car in the carpark for hours all because the thought of going shopping filled me with fear and dread. So now its January i haven't been out properly since October 13th its really getting me down my children want to go out, i've missed most of the sales, i haven't been clubbing for ages, its causing arguments between my husband and i. It makes me feel pathetic, stupid, weak, i just want to go back to how it was before. I went back to the doctors yesterday and seen a lady doctor who was more understanding and she raised my propranol to 120mg a day and in a couple of weeks is going to refare me to counselling if im no better. Sorry to waffle on for so long, cheryl.:blush:

yorkylover
19-01-08, 00:10
Hi Cheryl and welcome to nomorepanic.You will get lots of support and advise here and make lots of friends.:hugs: :hugs:

kellie
19-01-08, 00:15
hiya cheryl. welcome to nmp im sorry u are not feeling so well at the moment. you will find lots of useful advice here and make some great friends as well. we all understand how you are feeling and how scary these feelings can be. have a good read through the anxiety,panic attacks, symptoms page on the left under problems/issues,and the first steps guide under self help. you can also come into the chat room and talk to the other members who are realy great and always willing to talk and give advice. take care.

kellie.

groovygranny
19-01-08, 00:46
Hello Cheryl:welcome: to you!

You haven't waffled at all - thank you for sharing your story with us:blush: .

What you've been through is awful, but there is hope. Many here have gone through identicle experiences and you may find the following thread very helpful:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=24387 (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=24387)

Hang on in there - you'll find plenty of help and support here.

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Lindalou64
19-01-08, 01:13
HELLO CHERYL AND WELCOME TO THE SITE..I WISH YA WELL.......LINDA

nomorepanic
19-01-08, 17:32
Hi Cheryl

A warm :welcome: aboard.

I think loads of us here can relate to your story but there is hope and you can get better I promise.

Hope we can be of some help.