PDA

View Full Version : Ive got to travel and go on a plane! help!

bubblestar
04-03-05, 16:57
Hi guys

i suffer from GAD and find it hard sometimes being in the car especially if im not driving. In june i am going to cyprus. the 1st time ive agreed to go on holiday since 1997! im determind to go but im so worried that il be in a state as ive got to travel 4 hours to the airport...and im not driving. then 4 hours on the plane which im not as worried about for some reason! but the biggest hurdle is the 1 hour trip to the hotel on a coach the other end.
any ideas how im gonna cope?! any herbal remedies? or anything prescribed i can take?
apprieciate any suggestions!
Bubblestar.
x

Meg
04-03-05, 17:15
Bubblestar

You have 3 whole months before the holiday to intensively self help to progress in getting you used to being driven by others and getting on buses ..

You will then have much more confidence when its time to go and it also will have a lasting beneficial effect.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

sal
04-03-05, 18:22
Bubblestar

Well done you agreeing to go. You have a few months to get yourself prepared. You will be fine and i bet afterwards you wished you had done it sooner.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

nomorepanic
04-03-05, 19:27
Bubblestar

Sorry I can't help as this stops me going abroad cos even if I survive the anxiety of the flight then I am terrified of the journey at the other end.

Sorry I am not much help but wanted you to know that you are not alone with this problem.

Do you use Rescue Remedy?

Nicola

bubblestar
05-03-05, 16:30
i was supposed to be going into town today with my mum 3 miles down the road but iv had nausea all day and didnt want to go. if i cant even make that short tripp how am i gonna manage travelling round the world!?
i carry rescue remedy everywhere with me, and a selection of homeopathic remedies for every ailment i might get if im out!
im thinking of asking my dr of some kind of light sedative to make me less sensitive to the whole situation?
has any one tried Kalms? or Natracalm? are they any good?

Meg
05-03-05, 16:41
Bubblestar

'didnt want to go. if i cant even make that short tripp'

There is a huge difference between not wanting to go and not being able to go ..

You really need to face some of these fears before you go as you will not be able to live in a valium haze all holiday.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance