PDA

View Full Version : New member

Hellokitty1977
18-01-08, 22:51
Im new to this so bare with me lol, last week my doc subscribed citalopram, ive been having problems coping with every day life, most of the time im semi alright but i get so stressed and upset over little things and spend most of the day saying 'I just cant cope...i really cant' i have problems with getting up and getting on with things, im not lazy, i have two children so i cant be...but the littlest tasks are so hard.
Over the past few months ive had relationship problems, i have evry bad PMT and it affected my relationship and teamed with other issues my partner ended up leaving me and i fell to peices....which id never done before..i couldnt function, couldnt sleep, was crying all the time, wasnt eating and this went on for a number of weeks, not getting better...but worse.
Even when me and my partner decided to give it another go-i expected to feel better but i didnt....i still dont, im not as bad- but its still there and i cant forget how i felt and knew i had to never get that low again. I need to sort out my head so i can deal with situations without becoming a mess.
So ive got this new medication...im worried about taking it, dont know what to expect....side effects....im just nervous, want to get better but am putting off taking that first pill.....help!

groovygranny
19-01-08, 00:38
Hello Kitty:welcome: to you!

You appear to have replied to a thread which is 3 years old - may I suggest you copy your post into the Medication Forum under Citalopram? Only a suggestion:)

After what you've been through it's understandable you're nervous about taking medication.

Some people do have side effects from Citalopram (myself included) which last for varying lengths of time - some people do not have any side effects at all. But, the side effects are not permanent, and in my opinion are worth going through. Personally I would say take what your doctor has advised and give it a good go - and try and stick with if you do have a few side effects.

Please try not to worry too much - it's only natural to be a bit concerned, but there are plenty here who have gone down the same road, so you'll get loads of support.:hugs:

If you'd like to chat further then just send me a PM!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Lindalou64
19-01-08, 01:14
HELLO ANDY WELCOME TO THE SITE.....I WISH YA WELL.......LINDA

nomorepanic
19-01-08, 17:29
Hi and welcome aboard.

I moved your post to this forum so people can welcome you.

I will PM you the link as well.

Lovely to see you here anyway.