PDA

View Full Version : new

glider
19-01-08, 22:43
Hello everyone.

I've been diagnosed with panic disorder and started pharmacotherapy and pyschotherapy a few months ago. I still have episodes, but not nearly as bad as before I sought treatment. As far as symptoms go: for me it usually starts with my body tensing up, nausea, racing thoughts, terror, and then leads into existential anxiety and derealization. For me, the derealizaton and the black pit/terror sensation are by far the worst symptoms. I was sure I had depersonalization disorder before I talked to a pyschiatrist, but upon further looking I came upon a condition called status panicus which fit almost 100% with what my episodes were like... such as high frequency and long duration. My psychiatrist says that all of the things I experience fall well within the symptoms of panic disorder, which was kind of reassuring because its apparently very treatable. I was wondering: has anybody else on here had problems with long, frequent panic attacks with derealization? Any tips? It's a pretty unbearble experience when it happens. Thanks for reading.

chalky
20-01-08, 00:34
Hi Glider,

Welcome to the Forum.
:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:
You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

sagey
20-01-08, 01:12
Hi glider and welcome to Nomorepanic. It sounds as though you have a good understanding of your panic occurrences and motivated to find out more. I've found this site tremendously helpful and reassuring in the few months I've been a member and I hope the same will apply to you too. Take a look at the links on the left and try the search facility for comments on derealisation and you're sure to find someone with similar symptons.

groovygranny
20-01-08, 02:25
Hello glider:welcome: to you!

What an absolutely awful time you've had.

Here's hoping that will change very soon with the help and support that is available here.

Glad you found us and joined us - pleased to meet you!

:)

Nibbles
20-01-08, 12:42
Hi Glider and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. I don't personally suffer from derealisation but have had periods of prolongued anxiety in the past. The way I try to deal with it is let it wash over me, read positive thoughts I'd written in advance and distract myself.

Take care,

Mike :)

manmoor
20-01-08, 12:46
Hi Glider,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

kate
20-01-08, 13:43
Hi Glider and welcome to the forum :flowers:

Kate

Lindalou64
20-01-08, 13:43
HELLO GLIDER AND WELCOME TO THE SITE...I WISH YA WELL...........LINDA

Dying_Swan
20-01-08, 13:48
Hello Glider :)

Welcome to NMP!

Yes - derealization is horrible. Lots of people here suffer from it and will totally understand what you are going through.

It's great that you have been seeking help and understand some of these feelings.

Anyway - welcome, and I hope you find NMP useful.

xxx :flowers:

Wolfie
20-01-08, 13:50
Hey Glider!

Welcome to NMP! :)

Wolfie xx

nomorepanic
21-01-08, 20:01
Hi Glider

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you ere.

Hope we can be of some help.

Have a good read of the website pages on the left as well for loads of great tips and advice.

burberrygirl72
21-01-08, 20:58
welcome to nmp x

trac67
26-01-08, 16:08
Hi Glider,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx