PDA

View Full Version : Feel So Down

manmoor
20-01-08, 14:42
Hello lovely people :hugs: These past few days I've been feeling awful and my health anxiety is skyhigh :wacko: My symptoms are constant chest pain (lung cancer) back pain (bone cancer) pains in arms and legs which ache constantly (muscle cancer) Constant pain at the base of my skull at the back (fluid leaking from my brain) Jumpy heart pains I've read up on these on forum and they sound like etopics or irregular beats (seemingly harmless) I'm at my wits end and today I'm telling myself tomorrow I will defo make an appointment with my doctor and speak to her about it but I know when tomorrow morning comes I will chicken out as I dread what she might tell me. Can anyone reassure me please xxx

kate
20-01-08, 14:45
Awww Mandy :hugs: it's that flippin' anxiety getting the better of you :mad:

Have you got any extra stress going on at the moment which could be making your anxiety worse?

I never used to worry about health issues but, the last few months, I'm worrying constantly about my health.

Are you on med's or having any councelling at the moment?

Kate x

manmoor
20-01-08, 14:48
Thanks Kate hun :hugs: The extra stress has been my good friend Syl passing away :wacko: I dont take meds and the only counselling I get are from my good mates at nmp lol. Sorry to hear your also worrying about your health Kate it's "£$% hun isn't it :hugs: xxxxx

kate
20-01-08, 14:53
Awwww Mandy, of course Syl's death has hit you hard, no wonder you are feeling so awful :hugs:

Be kind to yourself and have some more of these :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Kate xxx

Panic1971
20-01-08, 14:56
HI Mandy.

I know exactly how you are feeling. Everyday I am convinced I have this life threatening illness or another. It just wears you down. I was going to ring my doctor tomorrow also as I am at my wits end now.

Have a big hug from me and be comforted to know that you are not on your own. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Take care x

trac67
20-01-08, 15:03
Mandy,
I know how you feel mate I was the same when I had the health anxiety, I do still worry to some extent, but I can manage to put things into prospective now. Keep your doctors appointment tomorrow just so they can reassure you and put your mind at rest now.

Have you ever had CBT for health anxiety ? I had it for mine and it really did help me to see things differently.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg13/xBecca01/hugs.gif
Love
Trac xx

Panic1971
20-01-08, 15:28
Trac

You said you had CBT for Health Anxiety...do you have any tips or techniques that you could pass on to me. I have had CBT but didnt feel it helped with Health Anxiety.

Thanks

ruthb1
20-01-08, 15:35
Hello lovely people :hugs: These past few days I've been feeling awful and my health anxiety is skyhigh :wacko: My symptoms are constant chest pain (lung cancer) back pain (bone cancer) pains in arms and legs which ache constantly (muscle cancer) Constant pain at the base of my skull at the back (fluid leaking from my brain) Jumpy heart pains I've read up on these on forum and they sound like etopics or irregular beats (seemingly harmless) I'm at my wits end and today I'm telling myself tomorrow I will defo make an appointment with my doctor and speak to her about it but I know when tomorrow morning comes I will chicken out as I dread what she might tell me. Can anyone reassure me please xxx
Oh mandy Moooooooooooo BOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I know your really fed up at the moment but listen chick i have had 3 strokes today and 2 heart attacks. please please please make an appointment at the docs tomorrow, you need to go, God i wish i lived near you i would take you myslelf. listen if i can do it you can, you are a strong strong person. and i need you to make me laugh so come on cheer up. I know you have had a horrible few days i am here if you want to phnoe me at any time ok

take care

your mate

ruth x x x x x

bottleblond
20-01-08, 15:58
(((((((((((((((((MANDY))))))))))))))))))))

My anxiety is very "poo poo" at the moment too hun so your not on your own sweeheart.

Love ye loads me darlin irish mate!!

Lisa
xxx

manmoor
20-01-08, 16:14
THANKS lovely people :hugs: Yes Trac hun I had CBT years ago and tbh it did me good at the time and did change the way I though about my health anxiety and I would usually be a strong person and tell my thoughts to feck off but at the minute I aint got the bloody energy cos I ache all over :wacko: Ruth you and me go way back and your not getting any wiser hun so dont change ok. Lisa I know what you mean about last night cos the same happened to me too I done a runner also it was so so sad :hugs: Panic me and you will both ring our doc tomorrow as we are strong people and will get the strength and courage to do it hun xxxxx

yorkylover
20-01-08, 16:17
HUGS:bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1:

chalky
20-01-08, 16:24
Hi Mandy,

Just some hugs from me,

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

This will pass!!!
Best wishes,
Chalky

happyone
20-01-08, 18:22
Mandy hun:hugs:

I go through times where I have some dreaded illness. This weekend it is gallstones and I don't even consider myself as health anx, just general anx. My fear of catching the Norovirus is embarrassing.:blush: However, because I am worried about other stuff at present, I am giving these more houseroom than I normally would.
This period of uncertainty and worry will pass hun, and in the meantime, have a hug from me:hugs:
Happyone
xx

pips
20-01-08, 18:26
So sorry your feeling so down hun. A HUGE BIG REASSURING http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g296/edge06/comment/hugs-02.gifFor you hun.

Take Care & Good Luck :winks: at Dr's

Love & Wishes,:hugs:

Pip's X X X X

ceecee
20-01-08, 20:08
hi mandy
health anxiety is really a horrible thing to go through but we all have each other here at nmp to help
i,m sorry to hear of your loss
i think that thiss is contributing to your anxiety at this time sending you hags:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

manmoor
20-01-08, 20:23
Thanks everyone for you hugs and thoughts :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I will fight this damn health anxiety :yesyes: and if I can't do it for myself I will do it for Syl :hugs: xxxx

jodie
20-01-08, 20:39
awww mandy

sounds like things have just realy got to you and got you very down as they would.
you will just be feeling sad and upset ect and all that makes all the anx and panic much worse as we all know
have some hugs from me honey

:bighug1: :bighug: :bighug1: :bighug: :bighug1: :bighug:

jodie xxxx

erialc
20-01-08, 20:40
Awwww Mandy :hugs::hugs:

I know how the health anx is and with Syl, you must be finding it hard hun.

Take some time for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I hope you are feeling a little better soon

TC

Claire xxxxxx

RedMozzy
20-01-08, 20:47
Hey Mandy.

I also suffer from health anx so I know how it can get you. ring that DR mate, you will be re-assured.

Lots of love and hugs,

Alan

Janieb
20-01-08, 20:49
Hiya :hugs: for you!
I have also been having chest pains on and off as well as back pain. It's really stressing me out as well. I am trying to relax tonight I keep worrying I am dying of a Pulminary embolism don't know if I spelt that right.

Maybe just go to the doc to get the reassurance you need, It's horrable worrying, I am sorry I can't offer any real comfort.

I hope you begin to feel better soon, :flowers:

Nibbles
20-01-08, 21:00
Sorry to hear you're feeling so down Mandy mucks but I completely understand. When anxiety gets a little handhold all those horrid thoughts and 'what ifs' come rushing back don't they. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I know Syl's passing has hit you very hard and it is that which has brought on your stress and anxiety. All your physical pains are linked to your thoughts (whether conscious or not) and I'm sure there's nothing wrong like you describe. Be kind to yourself, try and relax, and remember I'm always here to help if I can.

Take care,

Mike x

anxious
20-01-08, 22:01
Oh Mandy :hugs: i have only just read this post and the one about Syl :weep: I had no idea.
You know how this health anxiety effects us and how much worse it gets at times like this. Hang on in there :hugs:

love anx xx

Dying_Swan
21-01-08, 00:15
Oh Mandy I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so low.

Go and see the Doctor. I'm sure he won't tell you anything bad - just go and have a chat about how you're feeling.

You're bound to be feeling awful after losing poor Syl - it's hit you hard and this is how it's coming out.

((((((((((((((((Mandy)))))))))))))) :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hope you're feeling a bit brighter soon

xxx :flowers:

manmoor
21-01-08, 09:06
I've just rang doctors and got a cancellation appointment for 9.50am this morning and I am absolutely panicking like mad :wacko: I am scared of what I will say to her as I have been known when I get the length of the doctors room to panic and say all the wrong things :weep: I will let everyone know how it goes when I get back :hugs: xxx

jo61
21-01-08, 09:20
Hope it goes well. If it's not too late why don't you jot down your fears and then won't forget anything
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Dying_Swan
21-01-08, 09:28
Good luck Mandy and well done for making the appointment

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

xxx :flowers:

Pink Panic
21-01-08, 09:35
Hi Mandy

So sorry to read that you are feeling down :hugs:

Good luck at the docs hun. I don't like going either but hey if it's going to make you feel even a little better then it's worth it.

Take good care :hugs:

Love & Hugs
Pink
xxxxxxxx

manmoor
21-01-08, 10:11
Went to the docs at 9.40am and got taken early. I am such a coward and did not mention what I wanted to :blush: When I went in I told her my anxiety was really bad and my whole body ached and she said I havent saw you in ages you must have been doing really well. I then went on to say I'd lost a dear friend and she said thats why my anxiety is so bad and then she mentioned smoking and me stopping so booked me in for for the smoking lady today at 12.15pm so if nothing else I will get to blow in a tube and they will know if at least one of my pains is what I think it is. I'm so flaming cross with myself at least I could have asked her to take my blood pressure and listen to my chest ffs. She prescribed me 5mg of Diazepam and only gave me 9 tablets as she says they are very addictive so I dont even know if I am going to take the darn things as I'm not a meds person but maybe thats what I need I just dont know. I am going to read up on relaxation on the forum. So here I am no further forward because I'm a silly t**t. xxx

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

trac67
21-01-08, 10:14
Mandy,

I do the same as you mate, I go to the doctors full of questions and come out having asked none of them :lac:

Have you tried the relaxation cd's, I use one by Glenn Harold called heal your mind and body ( or something like that lol) and I find it really good to calm down my anxiety.

Love

Trac xxx

manmoor
21-01-08, 10:33
Trac thanks for that hun :hugs: xxxx

mystics
21-01-08, 10:49
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Mandy well done in going to the docs in the first place,i also like you and Trac have lists as long as my arm to ask but never do actually ask them:shrug: , it must be us eh??
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Take it easy my dear and be kind to yourself
Angel Blessings
Mystics :flowers:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bottleblond
21-01-08, 11:33
Awwwwwwwwww Mandy, Don't you be beating yourself up over this! least you told the Doc some if not all of your symptoms. If the doc thought it was anything other than anxiety then i'm sure she would have mentioned it.

Keep your chinny waggs up and good luck at your "stop smoking person type thingy m'bobber"

Lurve ye
Lisa
xxx

debera
21-01-08, 13:28
hugs from me mandy
love debera:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

ruthb1
21-01-08, 14:54
Well done for going mandy, i know what its like you go with the intention of telling them about all your ailments and the next thing you start waffling about something else and completly forget to met=ntion what you went in there for in the first place.

hope you got on ok with the smoking lady, but dont put pressure on yourself to stop smoking at the moment hun, it might not be what you need at the moment. it may make your anxiety worse.

love

ruth

Lindalou64
21-01-08, 15:33
HEY MANDYYYYY SORRY YA FEELIN CRAPPY AT THIS TIME HUN.......AS WE ALL KNOW WHEN WE TEND TO BE STRESSED OR BLUE CAN BRING ON ANXIETY HUN........GOOD JOB FOR GOING TO DOCS......YES IVE BEEN THRU THE BREATHING THING ALSO...MANY TIMES ACTUALLY.....TRY AND NOT TO BEAT YASELF UP HUN JUST A SET BACK YOU WILL BOUNCE BACK ......HANG IN THERE HUN STAY POSITIVE THINGS WILL BE OK....LOVE YA.........LINDA XXXXXXX