PDA

View Full Version : tiny sore pimples on scalp

countrygirl
20-01-08, 17:43
I have had this on and off all my life and no one has ever been able to tell me why. I suddenly get a crop of tiny bumps on my scalp that are excruitiatingly painful to touch. My husband says when he look in my hair that they are very very tiny bright red spots. AFter a few days they form a dry tiny scab that can be scratched off.

I find I will have lots on my scalp for a week or two then they all do and may stay away for a month or so and the n they are back or I get them for weeks on end.

I haven't changed my shampoo and only use organic ones anyway and have had this for at least 20 years.

anyone else get them??

Shalu
01-03-19, 06:31
I have noticed I get these too. I don’t know what they are. I think maybe cysts. Did you ever get yours checked out?

ANXIOUS22
28-03-19, 19:47
psorias?

utrocket09
28-03-19, 20:26
I have had this on and off all my life and no one has ever been able to tell me why. I suddenly get a crop of tiny bumps on my scalp that are excruitiatingly painful to touch. My husband says when he look in my hair that they are very very tiny bright red spots. AFter a few days they form a dry tiny scab that can be scratched off.

I find I will have lots on my scalp for a week or two then they all do and may stay away for a month or so and the n they are back or I get them for weeks on end.

I haven't changed my shampoo and only use organic ones anyway and have had this for at least 20 years.

anyone else get them??

Sounds like foculitis. My husband gets it all the time. They give him a special hair gel that dries it up within a few days.

BrightPhoenix
28-03-19, 23:25
I get these all the time on my hairline where my hair meets my neck. They're irritating and completely normal. It can be one of two things - scalp folliculitis - where the places where your hair are supposed to grow out of get gunk and dirt in them, or it could be from psoriasis, which is a common condition lots of people have (there's a rapid buildup of skin and that causes your skin to turn into pimples).

Go to your derm and ask for a shampoo to combat it. It's pretty straightforward - very common condition. Also when you go out, be careful about sweating around that area - getting sweat there and leaving it like it is makes the perfect condition for the follucilitis to grow.

Sparky16
30-03-19, 19:04
I get these, too. They are probably one of those things that are super common, but nobody mentions because they don't think much of it.