PDA

View Full Version : Do You Ever Feel This Way About Your Birthday?

panicagain
21-01-08, 07:57
While everyone is wishing you a happy birthday your thinking to yourself, "this will probably be my last one", thats my feeling today, i'm 36 today and it sucks, one more year toward death, 36 yrs is a hard year for me, i've lived more years than i thought i would, i always had the feeling i was gonna die young,,weird? Now i'm offically not young anymore, i'm at that age that all these diseases happen more often, especially cancer, breast cancer(my mom had breast cancer), uterine cancer, ovarian cancer(my aunt died very young of ovarian cancer), i know cancer can happen at any age but i know that the older you get the more at risk you get too, funny thing is, i don't feel my dad is old(he's 62), i don't feel my mum's old(she's 66), my brother's not old(he's 42), my other brother died at age 32 of melanoma skin cancer that spread to the bone and he was really young practically a baby:weep: , so why do i feel that i'm old? I know i'm rambling but i haven't slept and i'm having a panic attack and i just need to talk.

ladygrom
21-01-08, 08:08
awwwww happy birthday your not old i no wer your comin from my sis died aged 31 of brain tumour and my dad died wen he was 42 same thing and i never thought id get passed 30 but i have .and thats wen all my health anxiety started your not alone and your not rambling i no exactly how you feel have a great birthday ok and tc lv elaine xxxxxxx

panicagain
21-01-08, 08:14
awwwww happy birthday your not old i no wer your comin from my sis died aged 31 of brain tumour and my dad died wen he was 42 same thing and i never thought id get passed 30 but i have .and thats wen all my health anxiety started your not alone and your not rambling i no exactly how you feel have a great birthday ok and tc lv elaine xxxxxxx

Thank You So Much. I'm So sorry about your dad and sis, i'm sure thats hard to deal with:hugs:

Janieb
21-01-08, 20:34
Happy Birthday :)

hope you enjoy your day you have to celebrate that you have been alive this long and that you have the oppertunity to wake up everyday and enjoy what life has to offer.

you never know you could live to be 80 and still worrying :)

Lucky07
23-01-08, 00:43
Yes, I do think that and I'm only 29. This past Christmas I was thinking this is probably my last one. And there's NOTHING wrong with me! How sick is that? I'm trying to just laugh at myself when I think those things.

worriedGrace
23-01-08, 14:55
Happy Birthday!
I know just how you feel but my peak time is after Christmas when I put the decorations away I think that I have just had my last Christmas. The few people who I have told have been unsympathetic, including an exGP of mine who said"Well we've all got to go somewhen!" That is why he is an exGP. My new one is very kind.

coxwit
23-01-08, 16:57
I can sympathise. When I turned 40 the Health Anxiety became a continuous feature in my life. Prior to turning 40 it had only been periodic a couple of times a year and now ever since it's always something that I figure I am dying of....right now it's colon cancer with my IBS and back pains acting up. This is terrible going from one crises to another. Hope the meds that I am new to kick in soon.

Andy

erialc
23-01-08, 19:33
Yeah I sometimes think like that - bit morbid I know but sometimes cant help it.
I'm 28 but am sure it will be me that is unlucky and gets cancer or something that will kill me.

I dont like making plan either because I think if I do something bad might happen :(

Stupid Health Anxiety argghhhh

TC

Claire xxx