PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom teeth out tomorrow! TERRIFIED!

Alisonj
21-01-08, 15:09
I am terrified of this! They put me completely under so I am scared! I am also worried about the afterwards and the pain and swelling etc.
I am doing everything I can not to cancel the appointment because I really need it done but I am going crazy!

Lindalou64
21-01-08, 15:25
Allison Your Gonna Be Just Fine Yes Any One Would Be Nervous Hun Its The Anticapation Of It All......just Think Once Ya Under When U Wake It Seems Like Not Even 30 Seconds Went By......just Do As Instructed And You Will Heal Just Fine....please Dont Cancell Dont Wanna Hold Off.....i Wish Ya Well..lets Us Know How Ya Did............linda Xxx

coxwit
21-01-08, 15:29
Hi Alison,

I haven't had it done, but my wife has and she was sore and grumpy for a few days. Some good drugs at the time and some to follow up (Tylenol 3's and Antibiotics).Keep a moist teabag against it afterwards apparently the tanic acid helps speed healing and prevent infection.

God Bless. Stay strong.

Andy

BeckyC
21-01-08, 15:54
Hi Alison - I've had this done a while ago - same as you, I was put completely under too. I felt exactly the same as you before I went, and I decided to let the consultant and nurses know about my panic & anxiety and they were brilliant! They calmed me down and I was meant to go down later but they moved me to first thing to get it over with. They also gave me a stronger sedative so I was really calm before.

When I did come round, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Did feel abit sore for a couple of days, but nothing more. Well, that was my experience any way. Wish you well for tomorrow.

yorkylover
21-01-08, 17:22
Hi Becky,my dentist did mine,no aneasthetic.It was sore for a few days and achey.Lots of warm salt washes.It will ok.:hugs:

belle
21-01-08, 17:38
I've had two out under consious sedation. There was more pain with the lower tooth because its coming out of the jaw, but NOTHING in comparison to the pain i experience before. I'd rather have all my wissies out than suffer tooth ache.

You'll have pain and swelling for a couple of days, but i only took one painkiller for both teeth.

I'm sure you will be just fine, the anticipatory anxiety is much worse than the actual thing...

x

darkangel
21-01-08, 18:37
I had 3 wisdom taken out by dentist and was completely fine.

The final one was squint and I had to go to hospital for to have it removed as it wasnt coming through properly. They wanted to give me sedation but I was too scared so opted for local anthesthic and I was completely fine again. They cut through gum and I felt nothing.

Was in for a few hours and afterwards got to eat a yoghurt as nothing had been allowed prior to it.

Mouth did feel sore afterwards but not too painful just uncomfortable but pain killers did help.

Tell them how u feel, they will be more than helpful hunni.

Thinking of you

Darkangel x:flowers:

erialc
21-01-08, 20:08
Alison I had this done at the hospital.

I too was scared stiff - so much so when they went to take me down I told them I had changed my mind but they said it was too late.

I remember they said count to 10 and u will go to sleep - I counted to about 2 and the next thing I know I am coming back up to the recovery suite.
I was high - they said I had a 'good' reaction to the anaesthetic and was like I was drunk lol, I tried to leave in my gown.

Also - this makes everyone chuckle - they said I had to remove my underwear (think its incase they have anything metal on them or something) but I argued with the nurse that surely having my teeth out didnt require me to remove my pants (I kept them on - I am stubborn lol)

You will be fine - it will be over before u know it. I didnt get much pain or swelling.

TC

Claire xxx

kazzie
21-01-08, 21:11
Hi:)

I had a wisdom tooth removed under a local 20 yrs ago!!!!

Went out for a meal the same evening!!!!

You will be fine

Promise!!!!

Kaz x x x:hugs:

JaneS
21-01-08, 22:22
Don't worry Alison - you will be fine. I had 2 out in the dentists chair with injection and that was no problem. To have a general is even better cos you get to have a nice little sleep - fantastic. Don't cancel - they're better out than in - good luck chuck.

peach
22-01-08, 09:32
YOU WILL BE FINE< I PROMISE!!!!

ihad all mine taken out a few years ago...i was put to sleep as well...i mean, why wouldnt you? anyway, i was out for no more then 15 mins!!!! and when i woke, yes my gums where the teeth had been were raw for a few days, but no jaundis looking skin and the wounds closed in a couple of days....there is no pain at all....im a baby, and i didnt need any painkillers whatsoever!!!!

the best bit is there will be no pain ever again because they will be gone!! for good!!!.....

im sending you lots of good vibes...:D :D :D :D

you can do it!! it will be over so quick! and its such a simple procedure. youve got nothing to worry about...just remember..its the build up before...after you will be happy and releived, and proud of yourself...

good luck!!!!:yesyes: :yesyes:

Lilith1980
22-01-08, 10:10
Hi Alison

I had mine out a few years ago and I was fine hun.

I was put "to sleep" by a rather dishy aenesthetist (sp.) which was a bonus! :)

The only bizarre thing was that I had to wear paper pants!! Very fashionable!! ;)

I was home by the evening - I felt a bit groggy but managed to eat.

Over the next few days my mouth did swell and I looked a bit like a hamster but I wasnt in any pain, it was just difficult to chew so my Mum had sent me through some Angel Delight! Also got myself some icecream :D

If I were you I'd use this as an excuse to eat loads of Haagen Daz! It will all be fine hun :hugs:

xxxxx

belle
22-01-08, 10:39
Lilth..
My dentist was super handsome and smelt really nice too :)
Made the experience definitely worth it, in fact, i think i made need another tooth out soon....lol

x

LucyA
22-01-08, 12:21
Hi Alison,
I know this is scary and I think even the calmest of people would be nervous about having their wisdom teeth out. But think of how proud of yourself you will be after you have it done! Two of my best friends had theirs out in hospital and they thouroughly reccommended it. Yes, their face swelled and it was a little painful but now they have a beautiful set of teeth that will always stay that way. Also, the drugs they give you afterwards are apparently amazing lol! They said they felt so relaxed. Just think, as soon as you go under you will wake up again and it'll all be over. The worst bit will be the anaesthetic and that doesn't even hurt. You get given painkillers for the pain afterwards and it's a great excuse to be bought magazines, food and watch telly all day. Try and think of the positives.
Let us know how it goes, you'll be glad you got it done!
xx

Alisonj
22-01-08, 21:03
I chickened out. With moving in a week and my husband going back to work I dont think I could handle it all at once.
I am going to reschedule for when things are calmer!

kazzie
22-01-08, 21:15
Awwwww Alison:hugs:

Never mind hun:hugs:

You will get it sorted soon:hugs:

Kaz x x x:hugs:

darkangel
22-01-08, 22:18
Alison

Thats ok hunni, you will do it when you feel more ready.

I know exactly where u are coming from cos I had a eye appointment at hospital a few months ago and got a taxi there and made it to the suite. Sat in the waiting room and saw the nurse but when they went to put the drops in my eyes I panicked and couldnt go through with it. I have however, been back and did it second time around.

The anticipation is the worst part, but there are somedays that we are just not able to do it and that is OK.

You have a lot on just now and like you say rescheduling it is completely fine.

Hugs

Darkangel x:flowers: