PDA

View Full Version : go up or give up????

joy
21-01-08, 15:13
I have been on sertraline for 3 weeks at 50mg and almost 5 weeks at 100mg. I still feel dreadful with the odd better day(not great but better) The shrink said last week if it hasnt kicked in in another 3 weeks when I see him again he will increase it. Personally I think it isnt going to work like many others I've tried so is there any point??I have been told it takes 6-8 weeks but surely the light at the end of the tunnel should be glowing a bit albeit dimly.

Anyone help me out

Love Joy

Pink Panic
21-01-08, 16:18
Sending you a hug Joy :hugs:

Can't really advise on this as you know me and meds :blush: but hoping things improve for you real soon.

Love
Pink
xxx

bottleblond
21-01-08, 16:28
Hi Joy,

So sorry your still not feeling like anything is working at the moment for you. That really is the worst thing about anxiety medication, that it really does take a good few weeks to kick in. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Love Lisa:flowers:
xxxxxxxx

joy
25-01-08, 17:55
Anybody else got an input???

Joy

happyone
25-01-08, 18:09
I have never been on this med so can't comment on it. I was on Citalopram when I was being treated for anx and it took ages and lots of raises in doseage to help me. I however, was kind of being treated wrongly, as anx was a presenting part of the greater problem of depression/bipolar.
However, when I came off them, I realised how much better they must have been making me feel as I was much more anx when I came off.
Happyone
xx

Neilr1978
27-01-08, 00:51
i have just come of sertraline after only being on it six days and i can honestly say it was a living hell being on it and it has taken about another six days of hell coming off it.Im not saying the drug is bad just that it was for me.When i went to the docs and said how i was she told me to stop pronto and im glad she did!!!

joy
27-01-08, 10:10
Did doc give you anything else Neil?

Joy

Neilr1978
02-02-08, 20:53
Did doc give you anything else Neil?

Joy

yeah sorry it has taken so long to reply but ive been having p.c problems.Doc has given me 20 mg of Seroxat and im not getting any real side eefects apart form a bit of teeth clenching but its not bad.Ive been taking them for 6 days now so hopefully its onwards and upwards:yesyes: :yesyes: