PDA

View Full Version : Angry with myself - Avoidance

LucyA
22-01-08, 11:57
Hey everyone, this is just a big rant!

I posted last week about a doctors appointment for my blocked ear. I woke up an hour before the appointment with a very upset stomach. I knew this was only because I was anxious but I cancelled as my housemate who had an appointment at the same time was also ill. I made a new one for today at 2pm and I told myself I have to go. But guess what? I cancelled AGAIN.

I feel so stupid for getting myself this worked up about a doctors appointment and even more stupid for avoiding it. I know this will only make my anxiety worse.

I thought my anxiety was getting better as I'm not living alone anymore. But it seems that's not the cause. I still get nervous about going to the supermarket and I never go to lectures. Every time I have to go somewhere, my head starts reeling with all the ways I can possibly get out of it. What the hell am I going to do when my exams start?

I've been thinking about going to see an acupuncturist. Could anyone help if they've had it done before please? Does it work?

Oh and by the way, DON'T follow my example- it sucks!!!

xxxxx

lorac
22-01-08, 12:45
Hi Lucy

When I had actually hit rock bottom with anxiety I braved it out and went to an acupuncturist and can honestly say he put me back on my feet again. It isn't a miracle cure but after many visits and a course of vitamins my health started to improve. It's not cheap either but I can honestly say he did more for me than the doctors did. I'm not cured but I am on the way to recovery and he certainly helped me to regain my strength which in turn gave me the courage to go on fighting this. I would far rather go to my acupuncturist than go to the doctor, it is so much more relaxed and they are very understanding. I think they will even be able to help you with the blocked ear.

Good luck, it's worth trying.

Love
Carol
xxx

jo61
22-01-08, 15:02
Don't beat yourself up over cancelling appointments. It's not easy getting out but things do get easier - I know easily said when feeling well. I've never had acupuncture so can't comment on it as a treatment but whatever you decide to do, you will get there.
:hugs: