PDA

View Full Version : Tight heavy chest

Neilr1978
22-01-08, 17:05
Did any of you get a strange heavieness in your chest area feeling like muscles pulling because i did for two days on and off and now im coming off the meds its going away.Very Stange!!

Neilr1978
22-01-08, 23:17
seven views and no replies i guess thats a no then lol.Will some one plz reply as im worried about it but if someone else has had or is getting it it proves its the meds!!!:weep: :weep:

manmoor
23-01-08, 01:08
Hi Neil,

I just wanted to reply :D I dont take meds but do have the heavy chest feeling of late along with all my muscles aching big time. Hope this helps reassure you as you are not alone :hugs: xxx

Neilr1978
23-01-08, 05:35
thanks manmoor it must be the anxiety then

sarajane
23-01-08, 05:46
Hi, I'm in Australia so I don't get to reply to any threads until I get home from work each day.
I suffer from an extreme tightness in my chest, the first time it happened I thought I was having a heart attack. After rushing up to the hospital and being given the all clear I was told I was having a panic attack. I still get them and the worse part is you never know when one will hit. Sometimes even when I'm feeling great and have had a good nights sleep a panic attack will strike. When they strike it's really scary but I'm learning that the easiest way for them to pass is for me to concentrate really hard on something else, and usually after a while it passes. Hope this helps.

SJ

Neilr1978
23-01-08, 08:10
thanks for relpying sarajane.These meds have hightened my anxiety to a whole new level so the possibilty of it being a panic attack is quite high,there horrible and its so hard to keep a grip on things when one strikes!!

Angel64
23-01-08, 09:33
Hi, I dont take meds but have had this feeling for a while now.

It really scared me and can last from just say an hour to on and off all day and last for days at a time,

The doctor reasurred me it was anxiety, but as I had not had chest pain before due to anxiety I had an ecg, and blood tests which confirmed it was just anxiety.

I am just learning to live with this symptom along with the rest for now !

Take care Christine. xx :flowers:

doglover
23-01-08, 11:27
Hi
i often get a tightness in my chest. i try and ignore it now but it is really worrying and uncomfortable.
I have severe muscle tension and put it down to that (thats what all the docs have said, had ecg etc all fine)
If you hold tension in your back (you may not realise you are doing it) it is all connected to your chest muscles causing them to tighten, the more you think about it, the more tense you become! Mine can last for days but lately comes and goes for a couple of hours.
Hope that gives you some reassurance
Donna x

manmoor
23-01-08, 13:04
Thanks for that post Donna as I too suffer severe muscle tension thank you for that bit of reasurrance hun. xxx

Neilr1978
23-01-08, 13:41
I second that thanks donna,that does sound alot like me my chest getting tight on and off for a few hours