PDA

View Full Version : dizziness

sherdac
22-01-08, 20:54
Hi i am interested to find out how dizziness affects different people.
i feel off balance all of the time for me the dizziness is not the room spinning kind but as if i am dizzy from the inside and swaying when standing still. any replies would be appreciated. thanks a lot.

debera
22-01-08, 21:01
hi
yes i get the same as you . its an off balance feeling and swaying not the room spinning. i have been having that alot latey and i hate it so much. i try to keep busy to keep myself distracted and at times its so hard. i have had it before and it went away and im sure it will go for both of us in time. hope this helps
debera:hugs: :hugs:

sherdac
22-01-08, 21:05
Hi debra, yeah that did help. i have been really bad with this constant for the last 3 months along with the constant tension in my head. i do try to distract myself but feel like this whatever i do. thanks

mirry
22-01-08, 21:36
you my have migraine associated vertigo ,

its sometimes comes with no headache , so you just get the unbalanced feelings , it can last days , weeks, months or in severe cases years.

They are sometimes reffered to as silent migraines.....

write down all your symptoms to show your doctor.

geordie flower
23-01-08, 11:20
Hiya I also get the dizziness swaying feelings, I feel that other must be able to see me swaying about but my hubby said he doesnt notice it. I also get weird feelings in my head like its congested/blocked and I cant concentrate on anything I just feel spacey and not right. Sitting down and relaxing does seem to help abit but when I try to close my eyes they feel all funny like they dont want to close properly! Weird or what!!! Does anyone have any of this?

sherdac
23-01-08, 14:40
Hi geordie flower i get exactly the same as ourself. finding it very difficult to cope with at the moment.x

KJG
23-01-08, 20:54
Hi everyone

I am new to this web site. I can relate to what you are all saying about feeling dizzy. I constantly feel dizzy and feel like my head is blocked....it is starting to drive me mad. Every morning i wake up and its the first thing i think about. I can't imagine it actually going away! Does anyone else have this constant dizziness? :)

SHERLOCK
24-01-08, 14:19
Yes I can hold my hands up to the constant feeling of unsteadyness, and feeling panicky and feel that it will never go away, you would think that with how many years I've had it I would be used to it by now, but it still freaks me out, if I could give it away I would.

Lilith1980
24-01-08, 14:43
I dont feel dizzy all the time but when I do its more me moving in a certain direction and having a moment where I need to stand still as I go slightly off balance.

It doesnt alarm me anymore but when it happens I take it as a sign that I need to chill out as its the stress of anxiety.

xxxxx

daleys
06-03-08, 23:14
Hi,

first time here........I have had constant dizziness for about three months now. My doctor is sending me for every kind of test imaginable and still no releif or answers. I am taking a med that helped for a while but last two weeks dizziness came back. Went to doctors yesterday to realign my crystals in ears??????? All that did was make it worse.......very very frustrated and tired of feeling so out of it.............any help????????????

franklin2003
06-03-08, 23:25
Yes, lots of time you're just holding yourself to tightly. Look at your shoulders and your neck and focus on relaxing them. You are probably in a high anxiety state, rest and acceptance will cure this. I suffered from it for a few months as well, but when I accepted it and turned my focus away form it it went away. I still have days when the anxiety fuels it again, it just takes time for the body to go back to normal. The sooner you are ready to accept that the sooner you'll heal.

Peggy
07-03-08, 10:19
Hi all - am new here today.

To Daleys - the crystals thing you refer to is known as BPPV - Benign paroximal positional vertigo (spelling?) - where crystal-type deposits that are normally stable in your inner ear just end up free-floating around, which causes them to touch the hairs in your inner ears which give you a sense of false movement and therefore causes dizziness or vertigo. They're harmless, but it's no use knowing that when it makes you feel like cr*p!! A professional can do a special movement which can make the crystals move back to a place where they won't cause you any more trouble and apparently, it works most of the time, although it can happen again sometimes. (Sorry, don't mean to sound like a know-it-all! :wacko: )

For me, feeling dizzy just seems to happen out of the blue, and I feel things welling up from inside my tummy, and I become really anxious that I am going to spin out and collapse on the floor and make a fool of myself. I am learning that I have to handling my breathing, let my shoulders drop and try to think of something really special that I love doing, in order to calm myself down to a point where I can feel back in control again.

Peggy
x