PDA

View Full Version : new

Salemwitchuk
23-01-08, 11:55
Hi my name is Emma and I am new to this site. I have been suffering from extreme helath anxiety since october following a heart procedure to cure my svt. Been to accident and emergency 13 times since october because I have convinced myself that there is something seriously wrong with my heart. I ahve had so many ecgs which have all been normal but i get scared when my heart feels like its skipping beats or a bit out of ryhthm. Had a 24 hour ecg done which was essnetially normal having a 48 hour one next week. Constantly feel like i cant breath properly even though my oxygen sats are always 95+. Chest xray was clear. Started taking citalopram 3 weeks ago and I am seeing a clinical psychologist tomorrow. I just want my life back. I was never like this before. It is affecting everything. I feel like I cant do anything other than sit and worry about my health.

Lindalou64
23-01-08, 12:23
HELLO EMMA AND WELCOME TO THE SITE .....WISH YA WELL..........LINDA

fifi
23-01-08, 12:36
Hi Emma,

I'm new to this site too, different problem to you but anxiety whatever form is always horrendous!

Sounds like you had very good reason to initially be anxious and have now stayed in this over heightened state, but I would say what is positive is that it's still early days and I'm sure with meds and help from the psychologist you'll soon be feeling more able to get a handle on this.

Fifi

doglover
23-01-08, 12:43
Hi Emma,
welcome to the forum.
It sounds like you are in a real rut at the moment. Anxiety breeds on anxiety. I am sure your heart is fine and the doctors would have found something by now if anything was wrong. Its totally understandable that you feel like this after your procedure (sorry im not sure what svt is)
If you have been looking through posts you will have seen how common anxiety is relating to the heart because breathing/chest tightness/pain is often a symptom of anxiety.
I hope the citalopram helps to ease your worrying, 3 weeks is still early days and may have made you feel worse initially. Ive been on it a month and am starting to feel calmer, i still get chest tightness among other things but find it easier to not dwell on it and it goes away.
Donna :yesyes:

manmoor
23-01-08, 13:00
Hi Emma,

A big warm welcome to you hun. I too suffer from health anxiety so can sympathise with you as I know just how hard it can be when our thoughts go into overdrive. Everyone here is so helpful and supportive and you'll get so much advice and information on the health anxiety forum and realise your not alone. xxx

jodie
23-01-08, 13:08
hi emma

welcome to nmp :)

jodie xx

sali
23-01-08, 13:22
Hi Emma,

I know exactly what you are going through. I work in a hospital so that makes it a lot harder. I think ive been to A&E about 10 times since a got my concussion last june. First i thought i had something wrong with my head like a brain tumor or that i would have a haemorrige out of it then my obsession turned to my heart and that I was going to have a heart attack. Its nice to see I am not going mad and that theres people going through the same thing.

IrishPrincess
23-01-08, 14:14
Heya Emma,

Welcome:hugs: ,there's loads on here who have health anxiety so im sure u will get loads of advice and help.

Karen:hugs:

chalky
23-01-08, 15:46
Hi Emma,

Welcome to the Forum!!

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Your Doctor appears to be very thorough in his approach.
I understand that it is natural for you to be sceptical-I certainly am at times.Try treating good health reports not as-"they must have missed something" but as "good,I'm o.k.,it's my anxiety."
Anxiety can be really tough at times but with hard work on your part and good support here,the future will,I'm sure, get brighter.
Best wishes,
Chalky

trac67
23-01-08, 16:25
Hi Emma,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

Wolfie
23-01-08, 16:27
Hey Emma!

Welcome to NMP! :)

I know from personal experience that Health anx is extremely difficult to deal with and at times, it's so hard to continue living. Remember hun, try not to let it rule your life! I hope we can speak soon, hun.

Wolfie xx

kellie
23-01-08, 17:11
hi emma. welcome to nmp. health anx is very scarie i know,i have it to
finding this site was a god send to me it has made me feel so much better. im not 100% yet but i keep the fight going. all of your symptoms i think are related to your anxitey and not anything wrong with your heart. you will get lots of support and good advice here hun. hope to see you in the chat room emma.

take care .

kellie .

groovygranny
23-01-08, 17:22
Hello Emma:welcome: to you!

Although I don't suffer from health anxiety, I know how debilitating it can be

I'm sure anything serious would have shown up in all the tests you've had already, but that's easy for me to say and not so easy for you to believe:hugs:

Anyway, you'll get plenty of support, help and good advice here - pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Nibbles
23-01-08, 21:58
Hi Emma and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Good luck with the psychologist tomorrow.

Take care,

Mike :)

Dying_Swan
26-01-08, 14:02
Hello Salemwitchuk :)

Welcome to NMP!

I'm sorry you've had SVT to deal with. I can totally understand your fears, and a lot of others here will too.

I hope you find the site useful

xxx :flowers:

nomorepanic
27-01-08, 22:53
Hi Emma

:welcome: and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

margaret911
28-01-08, 20:06
Hi Emma
Welcome to the site.
love Mags xxx:yesyes:

Southern_Belle
30-01-08, 01:06
Hi Emma,

Welcome to NMP. There are many here who feel exactly like you do and you will get the support you need.

Hugs,

Laura

xBettyBoopx
30-01-08, 02:42
http://www.glittermaker.com/temp-images/4/185/glitter-cute-120166078830762.gif