PDA

View Full Version : Ridge on cranium?

Kroko
24-01-08, 09:02
Hello

I tend to worry about something being wrong with my face or body. Recently I discovered something that I've never noticed/paid attention to before.

The top of my head (cranium) is not even like other people's seem to be. I have a fairly thick, elevated part of skull, like a thick line, that goes lengthwise on the center of my cranium, covering (at least almost) the whole length, separating the two halves of my head. Also, the ridge doesn't reach the back of my head or my forehead. For the past week I've worried about what it is and why I have it, and also about how I might go bald and then people will see it (my father is bald). I feel like my head is freaky.

Any thoughts?

Dying_Swan
25-01-08, 12:33
Hey Kroko.

From what you've said - that's quite normal. It's just the way your skull is fused. My brother's head is like that too - when he was younger he shaved his hair off and had a ridge down the middle.

I don't know how much you know about fontanelles and cranial sutures etc, but it's all related to that.

This link might help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cranial_sutures

See the doc if you're concerned but I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

xxx :flowers:

Kroko
25-01-08, 13:43
Thanks for your reply Dying Swan, it really helped me so now I think it might not be anything to worry about. I'm sure it's nothing dangerous, I just thought my skull might be disfigured.