PDA

View Full Version : Pain in the backside!

constantworrier
24-01-08, 09:17
Hi all,

Apologies for the for this embarrassing post, but i wondered how common it is for anxiety sufferers to get pains in their bottom? :blush: ...I do suffer from IBS and have been checked by the doc who thinks it could be proctalgia fugax (benign) or piles (gulp).
There seems to be no other trigger than stress...when i am particularly anxious, i get awful sharp shooting pains in my backside which last anything from a few seconds to minutes....they seem to ease with a hot bath or strenuous walking / pacing...i suppose this suggests it is some kind of spasm?...Does anyone else suffer with this...it is really freaking me out !

Thanks,

Best regards,

CW

coxwit
24-01-08, 12:42
Been there and got that to....when I am most wound up it translates to bleeding piles...I too have IBS however as I also have bad Health Anxiety I always jump to the Colon Cancer conclusion every time this happens...then in a week or so when things may be calmer it is gone again. Ain't Health Anxiety and what we can do to our bodies a real blast.

Andy

yorkylover
24-01-08, 15:16
I get this sometimes,usually around my period.But I have had it with anxiety,especially when I have the dentist or something.!!!!:blush: :blush:

barbie
25-01-08, 08:33
Thats a very common symptom of IBS. I really would not worry too much about it, like you said yourself its a spasm and does go! Its not nice though!

constantworrier
28-01-08, 10:12
Thanks for the replies guys....it's reassuring that i am not the only one who experiences this....I am surprised it is not mentioned more regularly as a symptom of anxiety.

CW