PDA

View Full Version : Attack, but didnt bother me!!!

doddy
06-03-05, 10:54
hey there all,

Thanks for recent replies to my post.

Just wanted to let you know about 3 oclock in the morning my wife, who had her first epeletic sizure last week bolted up in bed and it seemed to me like it was going to happen again.

Well it didnt and she went straight back to sleep, but what happened to me was really odd, I had the heart pounding, the ears were screming with noise, felt like i was floating....you know the drill but heres the strange part, i just lay there and almost laughed!!! i thought this is so odd it actually feels exciting!!!! god that sounds like i really am a nutter!!

what im trying to say is that the attack didnt bother me, in fact at certain times i treid to concentrate on the odd feeling to make them worse to see what would happen, feel asleep about 10 mins later and feel ok today.

just wondered what you all thought of this and if youve ever been there??

as always your thoughts, support and feidnship are always much much appreciated.

take care you great people.

your friend,

doddy.

sal
06-03-05, 10:57
Hi Doddy

How you felt will have been the shock of been woken up so suddenly, anyone would feel like that, but your body didnt go into panic and you managed to get back to sleep and feel fine today. Well done you.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

lainey
06-03-05, 11:26
Hi Doddy

I agree with Sal, but weel done you for going with it and not fighting the fear.
Pat on the back xxx
Elaine x

Tracy68
06-03-05, 12:55
Good on ya Doddy, at least you have proven to yourself that you can conquer these attacks and with time it will get easier.
Take care
Tracy
x

jill
06-03-05, 19:20
Hi Doddy,

My last attack was like this, before chrismas when mum was ill.
It woke me up, at first I got angry, then like you just lay there,
thinking about the way I felt, then fell asleep.
I too thought it felt quit exciting but by thinking this way there is no
fear for Mr panic to feed on so it goes away.
If you can keep thinking like this the panic will get less and less.
These days I sometimes get a few little symptoms but always think
silly thoughts or do silly things to stop it from going further.
You are doing sooo well Doddy[^]
Keep thinking those positive thoughts.

Wishing you and your wife well,

TAKE CARE LOVE JILLXX

Believe it is posibble to solve your problem.
Tremendous things happen to the believer.
So believe the answer wil come. IT WILL.

Karen
06-03-05, 19:22
Well done Doddy. You coped with this really well and have made so much progress.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

bubbles
06-03-05, 19:49
Doddy,

Well done for coping, giving Mr.P a run for his money, & laughing at him.
Keep up the good work!

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

jo-jo
06-03-05, 20:40
Hi Doddy

You coped brilliantly, well done you :D

Best wishes
Jo x

"courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear"

Chaz
06-03-05, 22:36
Well done doddy, the weird thing with my attacks is that i feel scared but so clear at the same time, and sometimes i just laugh it off

chaz xx

Clive Edwards
08-03-05, 10:42
Hi Doddy

i'm a new member and just saw your message. Maybe 4 - 5 months back i was panicking like mad whilst trying to get to sleep. A few hours later i was still panicking but really tired - exhausted even. in a fit of frustration my inner monologue screamed at the panic and i said 'right you can f*** off now i've had enough of you'. My whole body sagged my breathing came right and i fell asleep. Thats only happened once though i've tried since. Wish i could harness that or better still bottle and give it to everyone.:)

Clive