PDA

View Full Version : citalopram update

sandbanks
24-01-08, 22:46
STARTED TAKEN CIALOPRAM ON THE 7TH JAN,
FIRST 5 DAYS FELT AWFUL , SO MANY SIDE EFFECTS, HOT SWEAT, SHAKING BURNING SENSATION UPPER BODY, FEW DAYS BREAK THROUGH BLEEDING, SO TIERED IT WAS AN EFFERT TO GET OUT OF BED,MOST DAYS DID, BUT ONLY TO GO AND CURL UP ON SOFA.

AFTER 5 DAYS FELT A LOT BETTER BUT WAS VERY ANXOUS, AS I WAS GOING OVER TO SPAIN, TO SEE MY DAD, AND DIDNT REALLY THINK I WAS GOING TO MAKE IT, WHICH MADE ME WORSE, DIDNT WONT HIM TO NO I HAD BEEN SO BAD WITH PANIC AGAIN, BUT WHAT WAS I GOING TO SAY IF I DIDNT GO!!!

DAY 9 GOT UP AT 4 O'CLOCK TO GO TO GATWICK , TO GO TO SPAIN, I WAS WITH MY SISITER AND SHE SAID IF I WENT IN TO ONE,I WOULD BE IN GOOD COMPANY BECAUSE SHE WAS A BAG OF NERVES, HATES FLYING,I THOUGHT GREAT WE ARE GOING TO MAKE A RIGHT PAIR!!!!WELL I DIDNT THINK ABOUT IT, JUST GOT ON WITH IT, AND HAD A GREAT TIME, JUST KEPT IN MY MIND I HAD TO BE OK BECAUSE I DIDNT WONT MY DAD TO WORRY.

DAY 12 ARRIVED HOME ALL OK HUBBY AND KIDS ALL HAD GOOD WEEKEND ,THEY HAD NOT KILLED EACH OTHER, AND I WAS PLEASED WITH MYSELF THAT I HAD GONE AND HAD A GOOD TIME.

DAY 17 TODAY AND ALL OK NO SIDE EFFECT FEEL OK STILL VERY TIED, AND HAVE TO KICK MYSELF TO GET ON WITH THINKS, BUT AM TAKING IT SLOW AND SPREADING THING OUT THROUGH DAY RATHER THAN RUNNING AROUND LIKE A HEAD LESS CHICKEN!!

MY HUSBAND SAID ALOT OF SO CALLED SIDE EFFECT, MIGHT OF BEEN THERE ANYWAY JUST BLAMED THEM ON TABLETS, AND AS FOR BEING SO TIED ALL THE TIME, HE THINKS THATS JUST MY BODY FINALAL SLOWING DOWN AND GIVING ME THE REST I NEED. HE'S BEEN SO GOOD, HE GOS TO WORK AND HAS BEEN GETTING HOME EARLY SO HE CAN PICK UP KIDS FROM SCHOOL, BEEN COMING IN AND TIDYING HOUSE, AND COOKING DINNER!!!!! IM STILL IN SHOCK LOL. AND TELLS ME EVERY DAY HE LOVES ME AND THIS IS JUST MY BODY FIGHTING BACK BECAUSE I HAVE STRUGGLED SO LONG WITH PANIC AND ANXIETY, 18 YEARS ON AND OFF, BUT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE TAKEN MEDS FOR IT.

AM SO PLEASED I HAVE KEPT UP WITH MEDS BECAUSE I NEARLY DIDNT, BUT ALL ON NMP SAID KEEP WITH IT. SO THANKS TO ALL OUT THERE THAT HELPED ME.

AND I HOPE THIS THREAD (SORRY ITS SO LONG!!) HELPS OTHER PEOPLE TO GET OVER WORRYS OF TAKING MEDS, AND KEEP WITH THEM EVEN IF YOU FEEL CRAP, BECAUSE IT DOS GET BETTER. FOLLOW YOUR GET FEELING IF YOUR REALLY NOT HAPPY AFTER TAKEN FOR FEW WEEKS GO BACK TO DOCS, DONT GO WITH YOUR HEAD, BECAUSE YOUR HEAD PLAYS GAMES AS WE ALL NO.:yesyes:

THANKS TO ALL
SANDY:hugs:

ladygrom
25-01-08, 07:09
hi yes i stuck with my meds citalopram was on them for 6 or 7 moths i did have side effects for the first 2 to 3 weeks on them ,ive been off then nearly a month now cuz ive felt so much better after takin citalopram they realy helped me ,im realy pleased you kept on meds your doin realy well all the very best elaine xxxxkeep it up let me no how your progresing and well don your positive post will help others,xxxx

doglover
25-01-08, 13:15
Well done Sandy for sticking with it. I know its really hard. Your husband sounds lovely!
Donna

Allye
25-01-08, 13:22
I am so pleased you are feeling better.

Citalopram for me too seems to be working slowly but surely. I started on 10mg for 2 weeks rising to 20 mg two weeks ago. On 20mg I did have some side effects but today, for the first time, I actually feel slightly better (still anxious but more able to manage the anxiety). I was also actually able to get out of bed this morning with less effort and although I had the usual dread feeling driving to work it was dread and not the end of the world feeling I was getting.