PDA

View Full Version : Help! I've Got a High Maintenance Wife!

Brandy snap
25-01-08, 00:56
Hi,

Did anyone see this programme? I cannot believe I missed it - just caught the tail end. Did anyone see the section about the lady who spent a long time making lists and checking? I've searched on the internet but I cannot find a lengthy description/transcript. Any info. greatly appreciated. I too am a list maker and they take over my life. Thank you.

Brandy Snap

Brandy snap
25-01-08, 01:51
Sorry I meant to say it was on this evening (or should I say yesterday evening now it is after midnight) on Channel 5 at 10pm. I just caught the bit where she was burning all her lists in the garden. Can anyone tell me what her exact rituals were? Thank you.

Brandy Snap

Bill
25-01-08, 03:02
Hello Brandy Snap,

I missed the programme too but I've found out what it was about. Pity I missed it!!! -

10.00pm Help! I've Got a High Maintenance Wife! The stories of four women who are driving their husbands to the brink of despair. A body-building fanatic feels she must adhere to such a strict regimen that her partner is left to run the house and look after their two sons. Also featured are a woman who is permanently convinced she is about to die, an OCD sufferer and a former page three model who believes image is everything

bluesparkle
25-01-08, 10:00
hi
i didnt see the programme either but i just wanted to say that i too used to make list after list after list...
i have got alot better now and only do it when im really stressed.
i used to write lists about everything you could possibly imagine...
it has been a gradual thing but now i dont write any like i said only when i am really stressed (christmas for example)
try not writing one about a certain thing that is not too important to you and you will see that everything will be ok, then leave anouther one so you are not just stopping straight away...
i would be interested in hearing about this programme though and im sure there will be a repeat
rach

darkangel
25-01-08, 11:31
I watched it and could so identify with the woman who had health anxeity, espcially when she was scared to eat certain things incase she became ill. She would sit outside her husbands work in his van cos she was scared to be alone and on bad days would sit outside in her car outside her gp practice just in case.

Shows like this do hightlight just how severe it can become.
Hopefully it will be repeated

Darkangel x

Jaco45er
25-01-08, 11:51
High maintenance wife?

I thought that was women in general ;)

Lindalou64
25-01-08, 12:34
WISH I COULD OF SEEN IT BUT NO ITS NOT ON HERE IN AMERICA.... AND JACO BEHAVE YOUR A GOOD MAN..........LINDA

Brandy snap
25-01-08, 14:15
Thank you everyone for your comments. Yes I hope it will be repeated. Sometimes they repeat programmes using sign language for the hard of hearing but not sure if they do that on Channel 5. The title of the programme didn't convey what it was really about - I thought it was about women who like to spend a lot of money rather than had phobias and neoroses. I am still hopeful of finding perhaps a transcript on a website, or at least more details. thanks again.

Brandy Snap