PDA

View Full Version : I'm going crazy with fear all the time.

always scared
25-01-08, 14:36
Hi all
I think I'm finally losing my mind. I've had HA most of my life but it's never been this bad before.
I'm going from one thing to another in just a few days.
Last week it was Cushing's disease . The week before it was ovarian cancer then it was breast cancer. Today its skin cancer .
I can't get cancer out of my mind. I've been feeling run down and my lymph nodes feel achy all over and I'm thinking it has to be cancer. So this morning I started checking my body out in the mirror to see if I can see anything and low and behold I found a spot that freaked me out. A while back I had what I thought was a pimple or a cyst on my back. It did go away but there is still a mark there. The skin is darker where it was. It's not black just darker and I think I still feel a little bump. So of course it's CANCER!!!
I've think I've really lost it. Now I'm looking for symptoms. Why am I doing this to myself.
In the last few months I've had: Breast, Ovarian, Colon,Skin,Liver,cancer, Lymphoma,Cushing's disease,ALS,MS........I could go on and on.
So my question of the day is: Has anyone else had a cyst/boil or pimple that left behind a spot after it healed??? It's almost like it never heal completely. The skin is a darker brown. Its been like this for a long time now but only today I started to worry about it.

gabes
25-01-08, 16:08
Wecome to my world! :wacko:At least lately. My HA has reached a new height, I should win an award. As far as your issue is concerned, I think its called a Keloid. Its nothing but scar tissue left over from a pimple or the like. I have had this before and eventually worked up the courage to go to a Dermatologist. You should do the same. Its nothing to worry about.

always scared
25-01-08, 17:23
Thanks Gabes for the reassurance but I don't think its Keloids. I googled it and it looks nothing like what I have

You know I'm thinking the worst (melanoma):weep:

turnthelighton
25-01-08, 17:23
I have had the same thing, where I have had an insect bit and when it healed left a kind of bump/scar thing. Went to GP and it was nothing to be worried about.

I know how you feel though I am fearing the worst with my health and even this week when I have had my eyes checked I feel I can still not see probably even though the optician said everything was ok.

Take care.

doglover
26-01-08, 01:31
Hi
I had an abcess once and after it went there was a little pea sized lump under the skin for weeks afterwards which gradually got smaller until one day it was gone. It also left a dark mark on my skin which eventually went. Try not to worry yourself about it, it sounds perfectly normal.
Donna x

Morchie
26-01-08, 21:44
Hi

It could be a sebasous (sorry about spelling) spot I have lots of these and they are slightly darker than normal skin tone and slightly raised up off the skin.
I have had three moles removed (non came out to be cancer) all looked a little suspisous as they had irregular outlines and where dark in colour and itched.

Hope this helps
Morchie

traciec39
26-01-08, 21:52
hi

You have exactly the same form of panic as me, ive suffered this for 14 years now. at the moment im in between ms, brain tumour, lung cancer and heart disease!!!!!
But on a more REAL note, i actually suffer from cystic acne in various reions of my body, i see a dermatogolist every 3 months and after a spot usually a biggish one, i have cysts left behind always darker in colour, and i have them injected to get rid of them.

i could say please stop worrying babe, but you will worry anyway!!!

I promise this is sooooo normal.

take care
luv tracie xx

liddylou
26-01-08, 23:43
Hi
I hope you dont mind me saying this but I actually think your anxiety is getting better!!!

I have suffered with Health Anx, Fear of Harming Anx and probably every other you can get, however, I too experienced this massive shifting in what the anxiety was concentrating on and exactly like you are say it was jumping from one to another to another and felt worse than normal.

But, about 2 months after all that started I suddenly realised that the thoughts had gone, slowly but they had gone.

I asked the doctor about this (even though I was obviously delighted) and he said that as soon as the fear starts loosing its importance so quickly (i.e. jumping from one fear to another) it is a sign that you are coping and dismissing the fears quicker. A bit like your brain is getting bored with the obsession and having to find another.

This is just mine and my doctors opinion but it went, admitidly I went through 2 months of madness, exactly like you are describing but it was worth it.

Good luck and take care, Sarah