PDA

View Full Version : Social Anxiety

loulou
06-03-05, 20:02
Hi,

I think i suffer from SA as when i'm at home i'm ok the thing i fear most is fainting in public i have this real fear and if i'm in a shopping centre i have to know where all the doors are so i know i can get out if i want its not that people will look at me but the thought of passing out in front of someone in a shop terryfies me. I've always been shy as a child i would sit on the bench in school and not speak to any one as i got older i got better and its funny cause when i'm out with friends from work sometimes i can be very confident and outgoing but if I'm in a restuarant with my family i feel really ill and have been physically sick int he toilet where i have got into such a state. I'm undergoing CBT at the mo so fingers croosed this well help me cope with this. Sorry to go on a bit hope this makes sense.
Does anybody else feel like this?

Lisa

FAN
06-03-05, 20:13
hi lou lou sorry your not feeling too good right now, i dont have much advice on sa but am sure you will get lots of advice and help and soon be feeling better

fan x

seh1980
06-03-05, 22:27
hi Lisa,

I know exactly what you are talking about. When I go to the theatre or the cinema, I have to sit on the end of the aisle so that I know that I can get out easily. If I'm in a class, I have to sit on the chair nearest to the door, etc. Is this like what you have?

Sarah :D