PDA

View Full Version : Half moons on nails

hunny
25-01-08, 17:36
Hi

Does anyone know what the white half moons are on the base of your nails?I have them but they are very small on my thumb,index and middle fingers but not on the others

Does anyone else have these and how many and how big is normal?

TIA
H X

coxwit
25-01-08, 17:43
Me too....same fingers....I think they have always been there....as my biggest HA worry is cancer at least this one won't get me to worked up as it is not a symptom.

Andy

lorac
25-01-08, 17:48
I only have them on my thumbs never have had any on my fingers.

Carol

weeble40
25-01-08, 17:49
hi i think they are new nails growing under the ones on your fingers they are perfectly normal i have them also, not on all my fingers depends what length my nails are at the time hope this helps a little

Take Care

Emma x

anxious
25-01-08, 17:58
Hi there,

they are called the lunula and determine the shape of the nail plate. You mostly see them on the thumbs, but on some people they are not noticable at all (on any fingers).
love anx

Kroko
25-01-08, 18:00
I have these as well, on most fingernails. I never paid attention to them, but the biggest ones are on my thumbs which are maybe 1 cm thick.

Rachey poos
25-01-08, 23:53
I never noticed till now .... Thanks alot LOL

flinty90
26-01-08, 10:03
the bigger and whiter they are the more healthy your bones are, if you drink a lot of milk and have good calcium levels in your body they will be really white and quite big also. absolutely nothing to worry about.

hunny
26-01-08, 11:09
Thanks guys

Rachel...sorry to worry you but at least you know they are nothing to worry about anyway! :)

H x