View Full Version : PositiveNess

Frankie23
26-01-08, 00:37
Well,

Ive had about 7 or 8 weeks without any panic attacks]

I am how ever getting rather anxious at the moment dont no why

Lindalou64
26-01-08, 12:18
Thats Great To Hear Frankie You With Out The Attacks Just Know When You Feel Anxious From Time To Time This Shall Pass Also....as We Tend To Get Better There Will Be Times When We Still Feel Anxious Ect Just Like Anyone So Keep Up The Good Work....stay Positive.........linda Xxx

sarajane
26-01-08, 13:06
Frankie23, Frankie23, Frankie23,
I hear you loud and clear. I really don't know why this is happening to you- I really wish I knew what triggered them.
I too have been going along rather well for weeks now, with no real stress in my life, then last Monday morning when I woke up Wham, Panic - it hit me like a brick wall. Then after I realized I wasn't dieing and in was a panic attack I managed to calm myself down. But by that time I was feeling really down and depressed, and didn't want to go to work and face anyone, so after I phoned work saying I was sick I started feeling worse, cause I'd now let work down as well. Lucky for me, I now have NMP so I got in the chat room, and everyone was really supportive and after awhile I felt better. It was still a rather depressive week for me mentally, but I did end up doing 3 full days at work. Six months ago if I'd had a anx attack the whole week would have been shot. Luckily for me they are getting further and further apart.
I never know why this happens Frankie, just remember that there are heaps of people here to talk to. And you aren't alone.

SJ

chalky
26-01-08, 13:34
Hi Frankie,

Congratulations on your success.
:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

I sometimes wonder if we become so accustomed to feeling physically and mentally uncomfortable,that we are unable to "handle" the absence of our symptoms.Maybe we need to give ourselves time to mentally adjust to this?
I hope your improvement continues.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Bill
26-01-08, 19:20
Hello Frankie,

I always believe that something we're thinking creates our anxious feelings.

Looking back on your posts it appears you suffer panic attacks because you fear something happening to you -It hasnt been as bad as on Friday im finding it hard to ignore the things like the chest pain etc obv im thinking the worst heart attack etc

My guess is that it's this fear that is in your subconscious that surfaces at times when perhaps you're bored and start thinking about how you're feeling.

When we get under stress, our heart will race so we fear the worst because of the way we worry which then makes us feel panicky.

I'm only guessing but I suspect it's just this underlying fear re-surfacing. Try not to dwell on the symptoms, find something enjoyable and they'll pass.:hugs:

Granny Primark
26-01-08, 21:18
Hi frankie,
I was so scared of panic attacks that the fear brought them on.
I still fear them but im determined to fight that fear.
Now and again I have a little blip but thats what I keep telling myself that it is only a blip.
I try my hardest to concentrate on other things.
For example while going out of my comfort zone in the car with my hubby, I get the bopit game out to occupy my mind. Or do a crossword.

Take care
LYNN xx

Frankie23
26-01-08, 21:28
Well ive taken all your advice on board!! im definitely on the mend, id say coming off the meds (although i wasnt on for long) helped and councilling and like Bill pointed out, when im not busy or when I have a quiet moment i do tend to think about it maybe thats an area i need to work on

All in all those who are still suffering there is light at the end of the tunnel, if you keep fighting you will one day reach a point where you no longer have them. I didnt use to believe it but now I am more relaxed in my environment, ive changed certain areas and im having a lot more me time.

:-) x