PDA

View Full Version : New member

Kevin
06-03-05, 22:00
Hi All,
I have to say that it brought tears to my eyes (I never cry) after reading Nicola's story, I could have written 99% of it about myself. Reading other information on this site has now convinced me what I have and I'm not alone. Like so many people, I have suffered for many years. It's during the last six months that I have had it almost continuously, every day. I would like to say that I discovered a form of relief when the dizzy/focus symptoms get strong, I can usually and almost (if I remember at the time) bring to normal by increasing the pressure in my left ear. I know it sounds strange but it's true. I find that the harder I push my finger into my left ear so as to completely block all sound, the symptoms can disappear. I always carry ear plugs, only for my left ear. These are the type that can be squashed, placed into the ear and they expand and create the block. My doctor cannot explain this and neither can the ENT. I've got another apointment to go and see him and will ask for an ear plug to be made for me as the ones I have do not last forever. I hope this may help someone. Kevin

Meg
06-03-05, 22:07
Hey Kevin,

Welcome

Good on you. We did have someone who visited us regularly who swore by putting pure cotton wool balls - couldn't be polyster - in their ears and had written a whole website about it .

It was back in summer 2003 I think. You could try the search facility. I don't think any of the members tried it though

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Karen
06-03-05, 22:10
Hi Kevin

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

FAN
06-03-05, 22:15
hi welcome to the forum hope you find it also helps you as well as you helping us

fan x

sal
06-03-05, 22:17
Hi Kevin

Welcome to the site.

Just remeber hon you are not alone now and we are all here to help you.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

lisarose
06-03-05, 22:18
Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the site, you will get lots of help and support here. glad that you have found something that helps with the dizziness, it sounds as though this really works for you.

Hope to hear more from you soon.
take care
Love Lisa

Meg
06-03-05, 22:22
Found it...
As you can see he didn't get a lot of encouragement from us..

cotton ball in ear totally relieved my anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=52)

bubbles
06-03-05, 23:57
Kevin,

Wecome to the forum.
Hope you find it helpful.

Linda.

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

lainey
07-03-05, 09:16
Hi Kevin

Welcome to the forum, you'll get loads of help and support here, you'll never feel alone again.

Take care

Elaine x

Tracy68
07-03-05, 12:29
Hi Kevin
Welcome to the site. I'm sure you will find plenty of help and support from everyone here to help you through.
Take care
Tracy
x

maxine
07-03-05, 14:25
Hi Kevin,
Welcome to the site, I'm going to give the ear plug thing ago and i'll let you know what happens, i must admit i'm sceptical but i'll try anything!:D:D

Take care

maxine

nomorepanic
07-03-05, 18:33
Hi Kevin

Welcome aboard.

Sorry my story upset you :( but I am sure that you could relate to a lot of it too and that shows you that you are not alone with these problems.

I hope we can be of some help to you on here so stick around ok[Yeah!]

Nicola

jill
07-03-05, 19:17
Hi Kevin

Welcome to the site,
There are lots of nice people here who will help
and support you.

LOVE JILLXX

All problems have a begining and an end.

henri
07-03-05, 21:20
hi kevin,
i get the dizzyness really badly and would love to try your ear trick, but sadly i hate blocking my ears up so i don't think i can do it!
anyway, let us know if you stumble upon any other good tricks!
henri x

sal
07-03-05, 22:48
Hi Kevin

How are things going for you?

Hope some of our replies have helped you.

Let us know how you are

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

sandy
11-03-05, 11:30
hi kevin, i to am a new member , whose scared to death of every symptom, i felt so alone and i get the dizziness something rotten, so i to am gona try the ear plugs sandy