PDA

View Full Version : Bowel and stomach....sorry!

hunny
26-01-08, 13:10
Hi

Sorry if there is tmi in this post but Im really panicking
Ok,here goes...
I have had bowel problems which I was told was IBS for about 8 years maybe more,but 8 years ago is when I was 'diagnosed'

Since I have had my baby 16 months ago these problems have been getting worse.I have had a pain in my right lower side and back going down my leg for 2 years also
I have been losing bright red blood and decided not to panic as I presumed it was piles(sorry)and when I asked my GP to have a look she said I had indeed

I had two lots of antibiotics in Oct/Nov and since then things have taken on a new dimension.I have had serious pain(which has lessened a bit)after eating or before going to the the loo and after as well.Mucous with blood,black specks in stools and generally sticky dark stools and feel very nauseous most of the time
I have upper gastro pain and all round my ribs.I cant eat much without feeling full

I am exhausted,weak and very dizzy.I have low BP and often have a really bad headache and sore eyes.My whole body hurts especially my neck shoulders(right side mainly)and arms.Lots of right sided things that all match up :(
I havn't been able to go into work either
I'm so unbearably fed up and depressed with it all
I was referred to a consultant who had a look and found abnormal areas but wouldnt tell me what.He took bloods and I have to go back on Wednesday and see him,last time I saw him was 6 weeks ago
My GP did initial bloods in November and she said they were all fine...not much comfort now
I have had health anxiety for so long and now I'm sure I have cancer
What a waste.I am so angry with myself and so incredibly upset especially when I look at mychildren

I am only 32.I don't want to leave my kids
If anyone has any words of wisdom I would be grateful

Thanks for reading

H x

hunny
26-01-08, 15:29
Thank You very much for your reply

I'm sorry to hear about your dad :(.My friends nan also died of bowel cancer , she had bloating and lack of appetite .My appetite is ok but can't seem to eat much as I said and I do have the bloating

I'm just very scared.My friend has UC and has awful symptoms but even she doesnt have the symptoms I do

Anyway,I'm off on one again lol
Thanks so much again

H x
I've always been the one in my family to have a dodgy tum,sensitive iykwim

Edited to add...one of the antibiotics I had was a high , one off dose of clindomycin before dental treatment as I have a heart murmur

mandie
26-01-08, 15:31
Hi Hunni

I suffer with ibs and the symptons you have desribed are very similar to what i suffer from when im having a very bad day with my stomach.

For the past few days iv had really bad pain in my stomach, side and back. I fee dizzy and just fed up of feeling like this.

Sorry i cant offer you any advice, and good luck with seeing the consultant

love mandie x

coxwit
26-01-08, 16:08
I too have IBS and have had for anumber of years. I get frequent trips to the loo, loose stools with undigested food, and when I let my anxiety get really worked up that it is bowel cancer (like I have been doing the last few weeks) I bring on bleeding piles and a sore back...which of course further fuels the anxiety. These are all symptoms of anxiety (which I seem to keep forgetting in my sub-conscious mind) but all the best with your consultant. It helps me to read posts like this to see that I am not alone in these symptoms.

Andy