PDA

View Full Version : This is, sick.

Episode
27-01-08, 03:02
Hello. I'm a new user on this forum.

My name is Epi and i'm from sweden. I've had these panic attacks since I started smoking cannabis. It first started with small ones. It started with i felt like everything became big and I didnt "see" the corners of my eyes, but i saw everything. And it always came me a punch in my chest. .
But my friends always told me cannabis is nothing to worry about, so I trusted them and i kept doing it. Then.. One day, it SMASHED. It got out of control and i was ina complete other world. everything was green and the panic grew in my chest. didnt know what to do. Insects came crawling everywhere and just before my eyes. This "bonghit" became a jungle of insects. It was horrible and my friend didnt know what happened to me, he only though I had a "bad trip" or something. But this was really weird cause i couldt see him, i could just feel his presencse.

Well that was that. But since then I havent smoked or used any drugs, and this was about 2 years ago. And these feelings comes and goes. I dont "see" the same things as i did then, but i feel them. And Im still very afraid of insects, cant even watch a picture of one without shaking.

I havent read much in this forum but i really need help. Im on various medications right now, citalopram and inderal. Doesnt help tho.

Please, what can I do? I cant stand it.

(Plus, i got sleeping paralysis every day, and it gets worse)

sarajane
27-01-08, 05:27
:welcome:
Episode,
You will get heaps of help here.

I used to smoke cannabis as well. From the time I got up in the morning until I went to bed at night - then sometimes even when I got up to go to the toilet in the middle of the night. Cannabis can affect people in many different ways. I smoked for years then one day I started to get very paranoid, I thought people were watching me all the time etc etc. Even though I haven't smoked for years now, these changes in my brain have stayed. Cannabis is really strong these days and nothing like it was in the 60's. Try really hard to keep away from it, as if you have depression or panic attacks cannabis will make your condition worse. All the best and I'm glad you don't smoke it anymore. NMP has lots of people here that get panic attacks so you will be in good company and you will receive heaps of support.
Once again welcome Episode and hopefully I will meet you formally in chat sometime.

Sarajane
(Australia)