PDA

View Full Version : anybody........

celia davies
27-01-08, 13:24
people keep sayin iv lost so much weight but i had a baby 7 months ago im eatin normal so dont really understand why im losing weight,do you think it could be my meds 20mg citalopram....? im a bit scared now

Allye
27-01-08, 14:40
I have the opposite problem - am eating the same but piling on the pounds since starting Citalopram :-(

celia davies
27-01-08, 14:57
well ive read the leaflet an it says u can either gain weight or lose it so do u think its my meds then? i keep thinkin i might have something wrong with me

joannap
27-01-08, 20:45
lots of people loose weight after having a baby so unless you are becoming underweight then i wouldn;t worry - have a chat with your gp to put your mind at rest?

celia davies
29-01-08, 13:17
i know but im now thinner than wen i had a baby x

familymatters
29-01-08, 21:07
Hi Celia,
I am on citalopram and have lost about 2 stone in3 months, I am not complaining tho, I needed to lose it and so feel quite positive about it. My doc says its a mixture of the meds and the anxiety and says it should stabilise as I recover from depression. I really dont think you need to worry,its just a side effect, how long have you been on the meds?

celia davies
03-02-08, 15:59
Iam happy about the weight loss but also because of my health anxiety its made me think theres something wrong,i just wondered if anybody else had lost weight,ive benn on my meds about 12 weeks now thank you 4 your replies its put my mind at ease x

joy
03-02-08, 17:09
Are you meds helping your condition if so I wouldnt worry about it. You arent still breast feeding are you? cos that can make the weight drop off
Joy

cl13
03-02-08, 21:37
Hi Celia

I had a baby 10 weeks ago and I am now on Citalopram and I have lost wieght but I think it is a mixture of anxiety plus generally losing the "baby weight"

Has your doctor done any tests?

Take care
Claire

Dying_Swan
07-02-08, 00:33
Hi Celia.

You said you're eating normally...are you breastfeeding? If so, it's important to eat a little more than normal, and to make sure it is healthy and nutritious food.

Talk to your GP or health visitor for advice

xxx :flowers:

joannap
07-02-08, 09:30
my stepmum has had 6 kids and she is far thinner now then she ever was - she has the best figure in the family! my mum lost about 2 stone after me - its not unusual and most probably due to all the changes in your body. perhaps also that you think you are eating more than you actually are if you see what i mean - i have always been petite - am 5'5 and 8 stone - i have never had a problem with apeptite but eat little and often - maybe you are the same?