PDA

View Full Version : ??????

celia davies
27-01-08, 13:29
every 1 keeps saying how much weight ive lost but im eating normal......ive just had a baby hes 7 an a half months old ive never been this thin an i cant stop worrying about it its driving me mad is it my med 20mg of citalapram cause it says in the leaflet u can loose weight or is it just my babyweight coming off more than i thought?? its just im thinner than before i even got pregnant......please some1 give me some advice:weep:

helenclaire
27-01-08, 17:49
Hi
Unfortunately i dont have the answer to this, all i can tell you is that the same thing happened to me, i too was fed up with peoples comments as i felt fine in myself.
The doctor took a blood test to check my thyroid and that was fine.
I have never been overweight so i think it was just my metabolism.
I am 42 now and still a size 10 despite eating loads of chocolate !
You could always check with your doctor to put your mind at rest but as long as you feel well in yourself i cannot see there being a problem.
Take care
Helen

skitty
28-01-08, 12:07
Hi Celia,
Are you breastfeeding?
That takes a lot out of you and burns up the calories - i lost about 2 stone when i was feeding my bub.You might want to think about extra dairy and protein in your diet if you dont want to lose any more.
If not i still wouldnt worry, its probably just the extra activity and the stress. Just consider yourself lucky - my bub is now 7 and i have put on 3 stone since then! LOL
best of luck, skitty

Dying_Swan
28-01-08, 23:50
Hey Celia.

Citalopram itself doesn't make you lose weight, but it can decrease your appetite.

Skitty is right about breastfeeding too - you need to eat more if you are breastfeeding as it does use a lot of calories.

Have you noticed any change in your energy levels?

You should probably see your doctor or health visitor and see what advice they have. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, but worth getting checked out.

xxx :flowers: