PDA

View Full Version : New guy in town

gettinthin
27-01-08, 14:22
Hi everyone Im Colin

Bit about myself....have been suffernig from anxiety for approximately a week now. Cant eat, and i feel like im kind of drifting through life with a constant worry about when this will end, or will it?? I have had this in the past and it lasted for almost two months, it turned out that it all started when i fell in love the last time but i feel this was just the trigger. My anxiety is more based on the fact that i dont know when these feelings will stop. I have never used any drugs and my life is otherwise very good. Any suggestions would as you know be greatly appreciated.

Hoping for an End!!

louwilliams
27-01-08, 14:25
Hey Colin

Welcome to NMP-There are loads of threads on the forums (try General Anxiety) which describe exactly what your going through.

Unfortunately I have no miracle cure mate..........but for me, this site is as close as it gets.

Take Care

Lou xxx

sarajane
27-01-08, 16:03
http://content.sweetim.com/sim/cpie/emoticons/00020121.gif (http://www.sweetim.com/s.asp?im=gen&ref=10)
Hi Colin,
Welcome to NMP
I meet you in the chat room earlier, you will meet lots of really nice people here.
Looking forward to chatting with you in the chat room again soon.
SJ

Nibbles
27-01-08, 16:44
Hi Colin and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

trac67
27-01-08, 17:02
Hi Colin,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

Lilith1980
27-01-08, 19:27
Welcome to NMP Colin :)

xxxxx

manmoor
27-01-08, 20:19
Hi Colin,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

groovygranny
27-01-08, 22:35
Hello Colin:welcome: to you!

As Lou says there's no miracle cure - for some of us the end of it may be just around the corner, for others it may be further away. But, for all of us it's the hope that it will indeed end one day that keeps us going and helping and supporting one another - and you'll get plenty of that here!

There is also a lot of good information and advice in the links on the left hand side of this page which I'm sure will prove most useful to you.

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

nomorepanic
27-01-08, 22:43
Hi Colin

:welcome: and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

doglover
27-01-08, 23:35
Hi Colin and welcome.
Ive been on here for a few weeks since my anxiety got really bad. Im feeling much better now with the help of this site, starting on meds, exercising and relaxation methods.
Hope you find something which helps you
Donna

kellie
28-01-08, 09:40
hiya colin. welcome to nmp its nice to have you here. :D im sure you will gets lots of good advice and make lots of good friends as well.

take care.

kellie

Lindalou64
28-01-08, 13:09
HELLO COLIN AND WELCOME TO THE SITE.....I WISH YA WELL........LINDA

chalky
28-01-08, 13:11
Hi Colin,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

I hope you benefit from the support and advice available here,as much as I have.
Best wishes,
Chalky

bottleblond
28-01-08, 13:55
Hi Colin,

A big warm WELCOME to you! I really hope we can be some help to you.

Take care

Lisa
xxx

Pink Panic
28-01-08, 14:25
Hiya Colin

Welcome to NMP :hugs:

You will get loads of great advice here.

Love
Pink
xxx

gettinthin
28-01-08, 18:22
hey guys thanks for all the comments and support. Im a week into my thing now and i am starting to feel better, mornings are tuff but im hoping to keep beating it down and away for good!!!

I am off to see my psych doc today and hope to have a full report as to what he thinks may be causing this. I will share all the details later!!

Take care all and i cant thank you all enough for the support so far.

Southern_Belle
30-01-08, 01:07
Hi Colin,

Welcome to NMP. There are many here who feel exactly like you do and you will get the support you need.

Hugs,

Laura

xBettyBoopx
30-01-08, 02:33
http://www.krellinst.org/csgf/deixis/2005/images/home_welcome-24.gif

Colin