PDA

View Full Version : Constant worrying making me feel odd

cher1981
27-01-08, 19:34
Ive had chronic anxiety for 10 years now and sometimes its better than others. Ive been on citalopram 20mg for about a year but stopped taking it about a month ago thinking ooh im better. Ive now restarted taking it but well Im worried about my head. I know this sounds mad but here I go.

Ive had a cold/bunged up feeling in my head for a couple of weeks which I put down to flu but now Im forgetting things, not concentrating and my head feels really heavy and sickly and im thinking to myself im losing it or losing my memory and I keep feeling anxious and weak and like crying aboutit. Its like my heads all foggy and I cant think clearly. I had a panic attack for the first time in a while on saturday and now im dreading work tommorow.

Ugh. Im getting myself in a right state worrying, any advice? :(

janey124
27-01-08, 19:50
Hi there
I had panic attacks for years and was put on seroxat.I came off them over a year ago and felt great,however over the last 4 weeks i have had chronic backache.I have,over the weekend now developed signs of panic again.Heavy legs,thick head and the feeling i am going to pass out.Head is all foggy just like yours and am also dreading ork.Just taken 4mg of diazepam to calm me down but doesnt seem to be working as well as usual.I just cannot think positively about this no matter how hard i try.
Any ideas??????

Kate C
27-01-08, 19:50
Hi Cher1981!

This happened to me over christmas. I have lived with the anxiety and depression "shadow" for about 10 years so am well used to the feelings it can bring! However, I went over to see my parents for christmas and was so glad for the break etc., but about a day into my holiday I had the most weird vague feeling in my head and around my eyes which lasted a couple of days. I just put it down to tiredness and taking a break from studying. After a couple of days I developed rather a heavy cold and it lasted a good 10 days, complete with continuing awful vague feeling and a seriously fuzzy head/ lack of concentration. I also had a few panic attacks during this time. I think it was just whatever strain of virus I had succumbed to and I'd be willing to wager it's the same with you!

Your immune system is probably at a low ebb and you more than likely need to be a bit more kind to yourself and rest up! Another thought - did you stop the Citalopram abruptly? If you did, probably not the best way to do it. I took 5 months to come off in total, gradually tapering the dose (apologies if you know this already - not meaning to patronise). In addition to all this, it's such a depressing time of year and the lack of sunlight is maybe getting to us as well!

Anyway, hope this helps you a nit. Main message is: take it easy and one day at a time.

Regards,

Kate

cher1981
27-01-08, 19:54
thanks for the replies

yep I stopped it one day and thought well Im fine Ive come off it without no side effects. Then it kinda went downhill and I felt like crying all the time, then the forgetting and lack of concentration and constant worrying Im losing it has come on. I know deep down its anxiety but its like the PAM (panic attack monster :D) deep down in me keeps thinking oh dear you have a brain tumour or your having a breakdown or something. grrr I wont let it defeat me again. Plus I have a meeting at work tommorow which im worrying about and im not sleeping well (yes im a barrell of laughs!)

Ive started taking vitamin c and echinacea for my immune system and am back on the citalopram. I just want the fog thats hanging over me to lift. I dont feel like me at the moment and its freaking me out. meh

cece
27-01-08, 21:02
Cher, have you tried learning CBT? I was in a CBT group and what I learned has changed my life so much. One of the books we used by sam obitz is for beginners, it is short and easy and author struggled with anxiety and told his story of overcoming it with CBT. If you are motivated to get better and willing to put some effort forth CBT is the way to go for lasting relief. It truly is up to you if you succeed or not and your efforts determine how much success you have and how fast you achieve your goals. It is very socratic and I have incorporated the TEA form exercise into my daily routine and it allows me to control my anxieties instead of them controlling me any longer. :)