PDA

View Full Version : Job Interview Today - advice greatly appreciated

angieb
07-03-05, 11:56
Hello all

I have had a great weekend, had lots of anxiety etc but coped really well with all - no panic attacks.

But...Today at 4pm I have got a job interview [:O] I called about the job last week, spoke to one of the directors, sent accross my CV. They called straight away and asked me to go in for an interview last Friday. I panicked and made excuses to change the appontment to today. Now befor ethese attacks some three weeks ago I would have loved this interview and job. I have never had a problem with these situations however I am having really negative flases in my mind, these are just a few:

Get to the building but can't get out of the car.
Get into the reception and not be able to control the lump in my throat.
Start talking but not be able to concentrate on anything other than not being able to breathe.
Crying and having to flee

Oh no - can I go through with it???????

I really want to be able to go and enjoy myself.

Any advice...PLEASE;)

bluebottle
07-03-05, 12:52
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I am having really negative flashes in my mind</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Totally understandable angieb, but these aren't a glimpse into the future, if they are can you tell me the numbers for the lottery on Saturday? :D

What ever your fearing Angie will not happen. It is fear your fearing, the situation itself isn't anything to worry about. Now if you were going to war that would be dangerous, but this interview won't be.

Go get 'em Angie, your just what this company is looking for!

Regards,

Blue
--
http://spaces.msn.com/members/enigmapark/

rachel25
07-03-05, 13:03
Good luck angie, i hope it goes well cos you are going!!!!!

Just try and do something really calming beofre and while your on the way there and then just concentrate on rewarding yourself after the interview is over, try not to obbsess even though i know it's hard. Let us know

Rach xx

angieb
07-03-05, 13:14
Thanks Rachel and Blue - I nearly choked on my tea re the lottery numbers... LOL :D - I really had not thought about it like that!

I should be able to do this interview standing on my head - just need one hour of my body behaving itself.

Going off for a bath, facepack, do my eyebrows (very important part of any job interview prep!).

Just one hour of normality that is all I need then I will still have four weeks break - me time[^]

Thank you both again so much - just what I needed;)

rachel25
07-03-05, 13:15
GO GIRL![8D]

Tracy68
07-03-05, 13:18
Loads of luck to you Angie, i've got everything crossed for you.
Let us know how it goes.
Take care
Tracy
x

SickofIt
07-03-05, 13:41
Angie
Knock 'em dead!!
Just remember to breathe. :)

lisarose
07-03-05, 13:46
Hi Angie,

Congratulations on the job interview!!! You seem to be doing really well at coping with the panics so you have proved to yourself that you can get through them. It is only natural to be anxious going for a job interview, even people that don't suffer with panic attacks get nervous in this kind of situation. I am sure it will be fine once you get there and none of the things you think are going to happen will, sure you will be nervous but so would anybody. Just try to remain positive and think how proud you will be of yourself after it is over. they are obviously very interested in you or you would't have got an interview. Just believe in yourself and show them what you'r made of!!

Go for it and good luck!!
Let me know how you get on and I will be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed.
Love Lisaxxx

angieb
07-03-05, 14:42
OMG - I LEAVE IN AN HOUR....ARGHHHHHHHHH[:O]

Anyone ever see that episode of the Simpsons where Marge gets on a plane then all you see is her hair running up and down passed the windows...well that's me right now[:I]

Just taken two Valerian and lemon balm tablets which was really stupid as now feel like they are stuck in my throat :D I am so stupid...almost a comical situation now.

I could murder a very large glass of wine...gonna have one later I tell you.

Thanks for all of your support guys, I will try to go through with it.

Angie

Meg
07-03-05, 14:50
Hi Angie ,

Hope I catch you before you go

GOOD LUCK

Get some rescue remedy in a bottle of water and sip all the way there.

You remember what your skill set is and concentrate on that . Remember distraction is briliant for anxiety to disappear.

Hear from you later and catch you in the online forum pub.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

angieb
07-03-05, 15:02
Hi Meg

Yes, you've caught me. OK - Have done my NLP, (breathing normally again now as a result!) and am prepared for the worst way situation. The worst way is that I get in, have a mega panic attack and embaress myself...I can live with that, it's not I am dying or anything[}:)]

I will never have to see them again so no probs really...on the positive anything better than that will be a result:D

Thank you all so much for your support - You have really turned me around this afternoon.

Leaving in half an hour...will post tonight when I get back...whatever teh outcome!

angieb
07-03-05, 15:04
Kin - el now i've lost the ability to spell and type [:P]

They are gonna think I have nicked someone else's CV...LOL

lainey
07-03-05, 15:13
Hi Angie

Loads and loads of luck for the interview, I'm sure you'll be fine.
Keep thinking positively and go for it.

Let us know how you get on

Take care

Elaine x

sal
07-03-05, 15:58
Hi Angie

By now hopefully you will be there and sorted. Sorry wasnt on sooner to wish you luck. They will expect you to be nervous, its normal.

Let us know how you got on. Thinking of you.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

Karen
07-03-05, 18:16
Hi Angie

I hope the job interview went well.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

angieb
07-03-05, 18:16
YESSSSSSS - GET IN THERE :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Only went and did it!

Won't say it was totally painless - was pretty scared as I pulled up, especially as they had glass stairs and could see me arrive...NO ESCAPE!

The interview went well (I hope), I was able to chat away freely and only once caught my mind wandering when I noticed I was counting my breathing so I just had a quick word with myself and carried on.

Whether I get the job or not, the main thing is I went for the interview, I positively skipped around the supermarket afterwards and now feel GREAT[^]

You guys are the best, a problem shared is most certainly a problem halved...Thankyou so much.

Have a good evening all...Angie x x x x

Meg
07-03-05, 18:22
Good for you Angie ...

Success whether you get it or not !! Congratulations

Karen
07-03-05, 18:24
Well done Angie. Great news.

You totally deserve to feel very proud of yourself and to give yourself a huge pat on the back.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

lainey
07-03-05, 18:24
Hi Angie

Well done you, what an achievement, you must feel so proud of yourself. If you now get the job it'll be a double whammy!!!

TAKE CARE

Elaine x

angieb
07-03-05, 18:34
I can't believe it, just two weeks ago, a week into the attacks I felt so desperate and yet today - well what a difference a day makes:D

I know I have a long way to go, I did after all have a c!xp day on Friday but the good days are now so outnumbering the bad. I even still have the lump in my throat and do you know what...I don't care!!!!!

Going off now to open a bottle of vino and decide on dinner.

Onwards and upwards from here on[8D]

nomorepanic
07-03-05, 18:49
Angie

Just caught up with post.

Well done you for getting through it ok and I really hope you get the job too.

Big pat on back for you and enjoy the wine!!!

Nicola

rachel25
07-03-05, 18:50
well done ange, told you you could do it!!!!! So proud of you

Rach xx

sal
07-03-05, 19:09
Well done mate.

Bet you have filled yourself with confidence doing so well.

Fingers crossed you get the job.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

Tracy68
08-03-05, 11:26
Well done Angie, you must be feeling pretty proud of yourself right now.
Let us know if you get the job.
Take care
Tracy
x

lisarose
08-03-05, 11:29
Hi Angie,

A big WELL DONE to you, I knew you'd do it!!!

You should be so proud of yourself and I really hope you get the job. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Take care
Love Lisaxxx

Meg
08-03-05, 15:45
''the good days are now so outnumbering the bad. I even still have the lump in my throat and do you know what...I don't care!!!!!''

Thats brilliant and a huge step !!!

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance