PDA

View Full Version : CBT

doddy
07-03-05, 22:28
hello all,

gonna get back to cbt.....but my last therapist at 150.00 a shot wasnt much help.

anyone know of any good ones in the north west area??

im goona get this panic/anxiety/ocd or whatever it may be sorted out!!! lol

thanks,

doddy

Chaz
07-03-05, 22:48
hi can i just ask what cbt is, ive heard alot of people say it but i don't know what it means

chaz xx

14 female

sal
07-03-05, 23:53
Hi Doddy

sorry dont know of any in your area, just wished loads of you lived up north like me as Jean, although i didnt give my best, was brilliant and didnt charge me, so i know how lucky i was.

Good luck in finding one hon.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

sal
07-03-05, 23:54
Hi chaz

CBT is Cogniteral Behavourial Therapist. They are not like a counsellor and in my experience dont dwell on your past too much but try to make you see why you feel like you do and try to teach you how to control it by bahviour therapies and techniques.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

rachel25
08-03-05, 11:31
i don't know of any dodd but if you find one, let me know as i am in the northwest too and certainly could do with some cbt

Rach xx

maxine
08-03-05, 16:06
I've been doing the no more panic on on the phone and it has been brilliant, it's really helping me change my attitude.
It's a hour every week, and you can get on if your a member on no more panic, only £10 for a years membership.

Hope that helps

Maxine

nomorepanic
08-03-05, 20:36
Max

You mean the "No Panic" recovery course don't you. People will be thinking I offer telephone counselling so just wanted to clear that up or they will all be calling me lol [:P]

Nicola

Chaz
08-03-05, 20:52
thank-u sal, appreciate u telling me :)

chaz xx

maxine
08-03-05, 20:56
Oh sorry Nic, yeah thats what i meant..:D:D