PDA

View Full Version : in a panic

crazychick
28-01-08, 16:53
I'm so stressed and panicked i just don't know what to do.

I am signed off my work because of my panic attacks - i'm sure many of you will understand how difficult it is to work or even shop in a supermarket when you suffer panic attacks - it has made my work life really difficult.

I have been offered a new job pending references and I am really worried the supermarket is going to say something bad about my health problems and i don't know what to do.

bottleblond
28-01-08, 16:55
Hiya Hun,

I hope the people at the supermarket give you a good reference and very best of luck with the new job!

take Care

Lisa
xxxx

bluebell wood
28-01-08, 17:13
hi crazychick,

l'm new here but l can relate to how you're feeling - l'm off work too at the moment and l find the guilt and feelings of worthlessness almost harder than the panic sometimes - l lost a job once because of my panic attacks and l thought it was the end of the world, but you know what? l got better and found a new job within a month - my new boss is quite understanding (to a point as always) . My advice would be to be fairly honest with your new employer but if this is not an option don't worry - all they can do in the reference at the very worst is say how much time off you have had - not what it was for - so you could make something up!

best of luck

crazychick
28-01-08, 17:33
I've had a lot of time off in the past year - a mixture of panic attacks and i took two weeks off when i broke my leg last year but at the moment i've been off for eight weeks and i am now getting so worried as they didn't ask my absenc so i am worried - i just don't know what to do. its making me panic.

missy_c
28-01-08, 18:34
I know it may not help to know but I'm pretty sure they can't give you a bad reference because of your panic attacks. I got very worked up when I had three months off work when I had a breakdown, but when I spoke to my occupational health they said that its pretty much illegal (discrimination) to mention this, and that actually your employer (previous or otherwise) have to use positive terminology. Good luck, and try to be positive x

bluebell wood
29-01-08, 11:25
missy c is right crazy chick - they can't go into your medical history without your permission - if they ask (which they probably won't!) just tell them about your broken leg! No one would question it!

Stay positive xx