PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attack Blog

Lynnie81
28-01-08, 23:15
I have recently started a blog all about my life with panic attacks and agoraphobia. I think it will be helpful to anyone who has only just started to have panic attacks or anxiety issues. I know that when it first happened to me i was desperate to find someone to talk to. I would love anyone to have a read. Its a work in progress but all comments good and bad are welcome.

www.livingwithagoraphobia.blogspot.com (http://www.livingwithagoraphobia.blogspot.com)

I hope to hear from you x

bluebell wood
29-01-08, 11:45
hi lynnie,

l've just read your blog and l feel we have so much in common, you should be really proud of your honesty in writing about your experiences - it must have been very challenging - it's always important to congratulate yourself on even small achievements when you have panic attacks.

l've had panic attacks and anxiety since l was 11 and have tried all sorts - most of the year l function normally (with medication) but l have bad spells that last maybe 1-2 weeks a few times a year (off work this week).

l have read all the books and researched and been analysed so l know what triggers it etc. but the hardest part is turning those thoughts and feelings around - it's not easy but it's not totally impossible either.

The most effective treatment l have had is TTT Transformational Trance Therapy - it's a mixture of mild hypnotherapy, CBT and visualisation - l was skeptical at first but it proved really great. Since then l do have bad spells but l feel l can cope and that i will feel better eventually. Feel free to send me a message if you want more info or just to chat. l can really relate to your relationship problems aswell. Just remember you are not alone in this!

xxx

Panicky Me
29-01-08, 14:58
I have just read your blog and think it will really help many people who are just getting the feelings of panic and anxiety and dont understand what is happening to them.

I wish I had something like this to read when I first started to suffer with anxiety/panic & mostly the agrophobia(5 yrs ago). It is really brave the way you have spoken so honestly about your fears and been so open about the things that triggered your fear.

Thank you for this. You sound like a very strong person who is learning from their fear to help others face up to what is happening to them and for that you should be very proud of yourself and I am sure your family must be proud of how well you have done too and that you are helping others.

Krissie

belle
29-01-08, 15:03
I've had one from 2002 - 2006, then i deleted it (i kept a copy), however, i restarted it last year. Its a great release.....i love it :)

bexy1970
29-01-08, 16:34
hi lynnie, how i wish id read that 7 months ago, it made me want to cry the memories it bought back to me..how right you are,, panic attacks are terrifying when you dont know whats happening to you,, well done hun xx