PDA

View Full Version : sores in mouth, pls help

peach
29-01-08, 00:07
hi,
im trying not to google, and cant get to doc till tomorrow, just hoping for some help here if possible...

last few days ive had these kinda like sores on the inside of my cheeks...they feel like veins that ive bitten down on, theres one on either side of cheeks that runs as a line along my lower teeth line....

can anyone help pls?? i read once a year ago when i was googling that sores in the mouth is a sign of mouth cancer,...god i hope not.....

i cant remember biting down on the skin there so ......... quite scared at the moment...

doglover
29-01-08, 01:17
Please dont panic. If you had cancer in the mouth it would be in one place not in the same place both sides. There are lots of reasons for you to get sores in your mouth eg burning your mouth on something too hot, biting your cheek, an allergy, ulcers etc etc or maybe its something thats always been there but you've only just noticed. Get it checked out for peace of mind but i am sure there will be a a simple explanation.
Donna :hugs:

Phill2
29-01-08, 02:07
Hi Peach
I used to get them too.
Listerine got rid of em for me
Phill :shades:

peach
29-01-08, 06:48
omg thank you both so much, phill2 your a lifesaver, im gonna go get some listerine tomorrow first thing....

Phill2
29-01-08, 08:51
Make sure you get the "original flavour"
The new trendy ones don't seem to work as well

jo61
29-01-08, 09:22
I've used salty water in the past to clear them up, rinsing out, not swallowing!!

Phill2
05-02-08, 01:14
How'd it go Peach?