PDA

View Full Version : my experience of this site so far...

idontwantcounselling
29-01-08, 15:27
Hello to you all.

I would just like to comment on how useful i found this website...it made me feel like killing myself.

I entered the chat room hoping to meet a nice welcoming community of sufferers and was made to feel like a "newbie" that did not belong to their exclusive tight-knit little circle of more advanced/experienced sufferers.

I know I cannot generalise, and I am sure there are many kind hearted nice users of the site, but that particular group of women (who were old enough to know better) were a nasty coven of witches who made me feel even more upset and lonely. They all claimed that this site and chatting is a big help - maybe for them! they all show support and respect to eachother! but I was totally outcasted despite being very friendly and making an effort to participate in conversations (which is a trial in itself for me).

So thanks for nothing. That's all I wanted to say.:yesyes:

Emilys
29-01-08, 15:31
:blush: hello !!! :welcome:
I have only been on this site for 2 days so far and have spoke to some wonderful people both on the chat rooms and on the boards.......

I hope you will forget about those people!!

Im here if you need to chat :yesyes:

Emily.x :yahoo:

joy
29-01-08, 15:35
well I've never found it hard to be accepted in the chat room, obviously sometimes you start in the middle of a conversation but you can either just read it for a while and join in when you can

Joy

Lindalou64
29-01-08, 15:41
no one was nasty with you im sorry you feel that way i was there just poeple asking you questions thats all sorry you feel that way...we are all in same boat .........you even said it was prob you being sensative give it another go.............why thumbs up if your disapointed?????

The Fool
29-01-08, 15:52
hi uh i have spoken to you at least 3 times before this post and you have seemed such a lovley person and i was actaully in the room at the time at we were nothing but nice to you so why this why the outburst i just dont understand.:shrug:

Richie
29-01-08, 15:53
idontwantcouselling
thats sad, i don't go into chat myself much but that's my own fault cause i like to feel good when i do
There are times when it is quieter perhaps you can peep to see how many in there and if just a few then go for it??
There is also "help "available and you can speak to people live one to one if you double click on their names
All the best, take care
Luv Richie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x

belle
29-01-08, 15:55
The "Chat room" seems to be coming up against it right now. I've only been in it briefly every now and then (often for the quiz|) and to be totally honest, i do find it hard to get involved in the conversation, but that is MY problem, no one elses.

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience...

x

stace81
29-01-08, 15:58
As one of these so called witches i would just like to say, we were asking you about your illness an being friendly as we always are. I made a comment about there being lots of new people today it wasnt me being anyway toward you just an observation which i then explained to you.
Im sorry you feel this way but we were being friendly as we always are in chat.

Oceanblue
29-01-08, 16:03
Quite surprised by this, and by your choice of words !

I have never spoken to you, but I do know that the girls who use chat are very friendly and caring to all.

Seem's like more trouble coming up. :blink: What a shame.

idontwantcounselling
29-01-08, 16:09
Oh cheers pal! very nice (!)

The comment I posted was from the heart - I honestly found the chat room to be a cruel experience.

And then you imply that i am out to cause trouble and have already been banned from the site??? How dare you?!

Well I certainly won't be using this website anymore so don't worry yourself katie.

groovygranny
29-01-08, 16:10
Hello idontwantcounselling,

I'm very sorry to hear you are distressed. :weep:

As with all walks of life the chat room isn't without it's problems, indeed what is? - but everything is being done to make sure it becomes a place of refuge and help as well as a place for people to engage in lighthearted conversation.

Please, do not judge the site, or indeed it's members, on this experience.

And, as has already been said, please do try again and give it a second chance - the quiz night may be be a good place to start, as it is a chance to relax and have a bit of fun whilst everyone gets to know one another.

The admin team are always here to help try and answer any questions , queries or concerns you may have.

Take care

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

:flowers:

PS: Quiz Night is on a Saturday at 9.00pm by the way :) !!

NewDawnFades
29-01-08, 16:25
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to move this thread to another topic. In my opinion, this is not in the best interests of newer people who have just come here to introduce themselves and for support, just to have come into the community and first thing, see this bickering.

I have been here for a short time. But, in that short time, I have never been around such supportive and caring people. If there is anything that I can do to help, all anyone has to do is let me know. This is the basis for what this web community stands for, isn't it?

Thank you,

David

manmoor
29-01-08, 16:31
Threads like these tend to get more replys than the ones where people are crying out for help and to me thats just so sad. xxx I agree with David this should be locked.

Oceanblue
29-01-08, 16:36
Huh ??:shrug: So tired with this, I think that maybe it could have been a better idea to contact Admin and make a complaint, rather than causing more upset.

bottleblond
29-01-08, 16:36
Hi there!

I have been using this site for a good while now and have never known ANY of the girls in chat to be purposely rude to anyone, let alone a new member.

As a chat room moderator, i apologise if your experience there was a negitive one but would urge you not to judge the site or it's members on this experience.

If there is anything i can do to help, the please feel free to pm me!

regards

Lisa

dianes
29-01-08, 16:39
Like you, I am new to this site. I have not been into a chat room yet, as I am still finding my way around the site and reading up on all the help that has been provided for us.

I have found NMP very helpful, it has helped me to understand what has been happening to me in the past two years. Reading the responses from people who are trying to help others with their problems, it seems the majority are friendly and very caring.

Over the past couple of years I have searched the net constantly for some help to overcoming anxiety and panic attacks and have found this to be the best site. Please think again before you give up on it.

Dianes

miseire
29-01-08, 16:45
Ur Name Says It All I Dont Want Counscelling

ade
29-01-08, 16:46
im sorry you feel this way,but your accusations are unacceptable and unfair to the mainly kind,caring and unselfish people who run and participate in nmp
ade

groovygranny
29-01-08, 16:56
My first instinct was to close this thread immediately -

But, I thought I'd give the benefit of the doubt and see if my reply brought an end to it.

This thread is indeed now closed pending joint admin decision.