PDA

View Full Version : hi...i'm new

helpsarah
29-01-08, 20:03
i'm not new to anxiety, however. i have been suffering for about three years. it's basically health anxiety, but anything can get me going. in the last few years i've convinced myself i'm dying from nearly every imaginary illness. i've had blood tests and ekg's...everything checks out fine. it doesn't help though. i think the doctors are wrong or just don't want to break the bad news to me. my rational brain knows that it is ridiculous, but my irrational brain is very powerful. i shake and sweat and worry constantly. going to work is like torture and i hate to be alone. i mostly only feel safe lying on the couch watching television. i don't sleep and when i do i wake up so nervous and jittery. i constantly check my body for lumps and even make myself sore and bruised. i have good days and bad days. i have good weeks and bad weeks. somedays i'm fine....others are horrible. my husband is losing his patience with me, but he doesn't understand that i'm not doing this on purpose. i don't want to feel this way. i just started zoloft (again) yesterday and can't wait for it to take hold. i have an appointment with a shrink in february. i just want this to stop. i want to feel normal again. please talk to me.

belle
29-01-08, 20:29
Hi and welcome :)

x

bottleblond
29-01-08, 20:47
Hi Helpsarah,

A huge warm welcome to you!!! You sound as if you are going through a bit of a rough time at the moment and i really do sympathise.

Please don't feel that you are on your own as this site has many people who are going through similar troubles. I hope you find some answers, comfort and friends here at NMP.

Best of luck Sarah!!

Lisa
xxxx

Nibbles
29-01-08, 21:45
Hi Sarah and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. The links on the left are full of useful info and are a great place to start. Ask as many questions as you like on the forums too as everyone is only too happy to help.

Take care,

Mike :)

doglover
29-01-08, 22:23
Hi Sarah
:welcome:
Health anxiety can really be all consuming cant it? I still cant decide if i have got health anxiety or if there is really something wrong with me that no-ones discovered. Im sure we all feel like that. I hope your meds kick in soon. Im on citalopram which is making me more relaxed although ive had a bit of a relapse today and started the worrying again that its not anxiety causing me all these physical symptoms but lung cancer/bone cancer/heart disease. I cant have all of them :sign20:

Hope you find help on here
Donna x

margaret911
29-01-08, 22:33
Hi Sarah
A big:welcome: to nmp
love Mags xxx

groovygranny
29-01-08, 23:43
Hello sarah:welcome: to you!

There are very many members here who suffer as you do - and I'm sure you'll get plenty of help and support from them:hugs:

Glad you found us - pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

trac67
30-01-08, 00:09
Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

Southern_Belle
30-01-08, 00:58
Hi Sarah,

Welcome to NMP. There are many here who feel exactly like you do and you will get the support you need. I hope the zoloft and counseling helps out.

Hugs,

Laura 69.123.177.115 (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/admincp/usertools.php?do=doips&depth=2&ipaddress=69.123.177.115&hash=f6049a1c3ae270acd10c5cd129bb6216) (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/admincp/usertools.php?do=doips&depth=2&ipaddress=69.123.177.115&hash=f6049a1c3ae270acd10c5cd129bb6216)