PDA

View Full Version : i poke and prod constantly

helpsarah
29-01-08, 20:07
i'm always checking for lumps and bumps. and when i find something i totally freak out. i'll poke around until i'm bruised. right now, my left breast is bruised because i think i feel a lump. my mom, my husband, and a nurse felt the area and said they didn't feel anything. the nurse said the area was "angry" but probably because i spent nearly four hours poking around. is anyone else like this?

lorac
29-01-08, 21:00
helpsarah yes I am just like you, my husband says I won't be happy till I find something to worry about. Don't know why I do it but some days are worse than others. At the moment it is my gum I keep poking. You are not alone with this one.

Love Carol
xx

Lucky07
29-01-08, 21:26
Yes, I do this as well. One time I found a lump in my abdominal area and I freaked out, for days I thought I had cancer or something. Finally, I laid my infant daughter down on the floor and felt around on her stomach and she had a lump in the same place i did. I'm really trying hard not to poke around anymore. I know how you feel.

Janieb
29-01-08, 21:34
I had to stop poking it was slowly driving me mad. I just aggrivate the area because I am so convinced that there is soemthing wrong. Your certainly not a lone on this one :)

always scared
29-01-08, 22:12
Count me in :(

Alisonj
29-01-08, 23:19
Always!!!
I now have my family doctor doing my breast exams for me because I was checking all the time and feeling things that werent there. I also seem to push and prod so much that I cause pain in different areas. It sucks.
Hugs to you!

JennyW
30-01-08, 12:18
Count me in :(

me too :unsure:

I was convinced I found a lump in my neck last month. GP told me it was normal. As well as my lumps around my groin area. If I find a lump in my breast then yes, I prod and poke until I'm sore.

helpsarah
30-01-08, 13:15
Thanks everyone...it's good to know that i'm not alone. i'm just soooo sick of this. Last night, all the sudden i stopped feeling anxious. but then this morning, BAM! i wake up nervous and spent about 45 minutes checking my body. I can't take it. I hate this sooo much.

efc2411
31-01-08, 12:44
Im the same, Ive made my head bleed once because I thought I had a lump on the back of my head, I was poking at it for days...best thing to do is not look for something that probably isnt there :)