PDA

View Full Version : Bleedin' anxiety and sleep

Nervy_of_catford
29-01-08, 22:59
Basically I go to bed at ten (or thereabouts), and if I've been anxious or had sensory overload in the day it's fairly likely that I'll wake up into a panic attack after about 1 - 2 hours sleep. I'll then panic that I'm going to be sick (joyful emetophobia), and it takes 1 - 3 hours to calm down and get back to sleep.

This can happen for night after night, and then I can go weeks without a single episode.

Last night was a bad night, so I am anxious about going to bed tonight, which is silly as anxiety is one of the key causes of the problem! Grrrr. Bloody anxiety disorder. I am bored with it.

I am going to go to bed now as I'm feeling a bit sleepy. I've had 10mg of promethazine which usually helps to keep me asleep through the "danger zone" of 1 - 2 hours once I've got to sleep.

Night night all, sweet dreams

Queerpup

helpsarah
30-01-08, 17:04
i totally understand. i'm terrified i'll have night sweats...which i've never had aside from the back of neck being damp...but anyway, i'm terrified i'll have night sweats which, to me, means i have some dreaded disease. the fear has gotten so bad that sometimes i hate going to bed and stay up and watch television half the night to avoid it.