PDA

View Full Version : Any IBS sufferers? I could do with some advice please

geordie flower
30-01-08, 16:11
Hiya, I was wondering if anyone with IBS could help me! I was wondering if it is possible to have IBS but not be too badly affected with diarroah/constipation but have mainly bloated abdomen, it feels like there is a tight band around my upper abdomen, it is worse when Im sitting down, I dont notice it when Im standing up. I also feel some discomfort on my right side around ribs, belly button and pelvic area. Im not like this all the time it seems to come and go. Im never in alot of pain it just feels uncomfortabe like theres something stuck in there. I also seem to be burping alot. I do get occassional constipation. Sorry if this post is all over the place! I could really do with some advice
Thank you
Tracey x

coxwit
30-01-08, 16:51
Geez what you are describing sounds just like me....more frequent now thiough...I too have IBS complete with the usual symptoms....what you are describing could be IBS....however it is also classic anxiety symptons....anxiety causes an excess of stomach acid as well as spasms of the digestive system muscles causing you to ingest air and thus the burping...I am burping all the time if sitting or standing but not lying down....the pain under the rib can be classic muscle tension that many of us anx sufferers feel...pain to the right of the belly button is another one I get all the time and when you prope it feels tight...your anxiety has you tensing abdominal muscles and muscles around the bowels and can relate to the constipation as well as you are tensing those muscles as well....as I treat my anxiety and I feel less stressed these symptoms are lessened...hope this helps.

Andy

geordie flower
30-01-08, 19:01
Hiya Andy thanks for your reply. I went to the docs with my symptoms in dec and she thought it might be gallstones so arranged for me to have a ultra sound scan, which I had done last week. The radiographer said she couldnt see anything there and everything appeared normal. Im going to my docs on fri to get the full report of the scan so I think I might mention my theory of it being IBS.
Take care love Tracey :flowers: x

franfhm
30-01-08, 19:32
Tracey, you have described exactly how I feel most of the time, however I do have reflexology occasionally which does help ease the symptoms for a little while.

geordie flower
30-01-08, 20:16
Hiya franfhm, Thanks for replying, so does that mean you have IBS?

geordie flower
31-01-08, 08:15
Anyone with IBS out there?? :flowers:

Tullemolle
31-01-08, 16:43
Hi!!

In 1½ year I soffered from IBS, but I have totally cured myself with psysillum husk powder/pills!! Before that I tryed everything from the Dr. but nothing helped.

:yesyes:

worriedGrace
31-01-08, 16:58
I have had IBS for several years and my symptoms are like yours. Three years ago I had gallstones which were extremely painful, worse than labour. Since then I have acid indigestion, bloating, occasional constipation and diarrhoea. A barium enema showed early diverticulosis which many people my age,59 have.My doctor says IBS is a non diagnosis whatever that means.

pips
01-02-08, 11:04
I suffer fron IBS to and terrible bloating most days.:lac: Tis so hard to find a cure I have tried lots of different things some things help. I just try to live with it really. Though it does get me down at times.:weep:

Sorry you are suffering to. I do understand and know its a complete pain,:mad:

Have you seen the IBS info I wrote with Meg & Charlie? It may help?

Here's the link for you
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=ibs

Take Care,:flowers:

Love & Wishes,

Pip's X X