PDA

View Full Version : Honest about things is it anxiety?

phil06
30-01-08, 23:11
I've picked up on it more recently where I think something it could be about somebody good or a bad thing and I just blurt out and say it. If i don't say whats on my mind I feel like I will go mad or i worry it will come out later down the line so I have to say it.

It's only happened since my anxiety feelings got worse and not sure if i should worry about this or if there is a way to relax my mind. I just don't want to say the wrong thing as it can come out to be cheeky or rude :huh: and it may start to offend people... anybody else experienced this before?

I feel I have to say everything that's on my mind my fear is if i dont get it out soon it wont blurt it out later down the line..it all comes from the random thoughts I get which i think is all anxiety...If i see somebody outside that's a bit mad i will worry i will end up that way.. :ohmy: I sometimes need reassurance and have to ask advice constant aswell and it's not always about myself its went onto jobs and people i like friends or people i might end up dating..I feel my own mind has gone and I worry about my thoughts.

Can anybody give me any advice on what's best to stop blurting all my mind out? has it all came from anxiety?

chalky
31-01-08, 13:10
Hi Phil,

Could this be an issue of a lack of self-confidence?
Do you feel that silence in company would be a sign of weakness on your part-that you do not fit in?
Being comfortably silent with others shows a strength and depth of relationship which is to be admired.
Accept the fact that during any 24 hour period,hundreds of separate thoughts will flow through your mind-many can be discounted immediately.It is,of course,important that we engage our brain before speaking in case we say something outrageous which would be guaranteed to offend.
Equally,verbal sparring with friends can be enjoyable.
Sometimes,we have to take time to think about the circumstances before deciding which approach to adopt.
Best wishes,
Chalky