PDA

View Full Version : emetophobia help

natzybabez
31-01-08, 01:25
hey i have suffered from fear of sick since i was 4, i used to not get it as bad but since i got a sickness bug it has come on alot more. i get really panic and just want it to go because its all i think of now. Im 17 and doing child care and when im on placement im with alot of kids that might get a stomach bug and all i do is panic. If they is anyone out there who suffers from this to please get in touch!!
thnxs for reading
natz xxx

belle
31-01-08, 10:06
I've had emet. since i was four, i am now 32.
It is a worrying thought for us emetophobics getting a bug, but if you keep your hands clean..you should be okay :)

x

Richie
31-01-08, 21:31
hi there Natzybabez' sorry that you have these worries,
Yeah kids do pick up alot of infections but they ALWAYS get over them, remember as a child all the childhood infections that u picked up??
Mumps, Measles, German Measles, Whooping cough etc etc but you came through right? Well if you got something this time around you would get over it too, anyhow we all become immune once we've had these irritating and "horrid things" its part and parcel of life unfortunately.
keep your immune system topped up with vitamins , good diet etc
Good health to you love Richie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

maxskiboy
01-03-08, 11:49
hi,

i have the same phobia, im still at school and when im walking around i see everyone as 'unclean', and i might get a bug of them. i have now developed this thing about touching door handles and banisters in public places, and everything i see i can see millions of bad bacteria crawling over it.

MAX

ps i use this hand sanitiser which has really helped, it calle 'no germs' and its non alcohol as alcohol ones dont kill noro virus

Demzii
25-08-08, 20:31
I sometimes get this too i was at cleethorpes today and i was touching sand and metal bars and things that was dirty then i went and had a burger and i didn't dare eat with my hands so i had to cut it up which took about 2 hours.