PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrrrrrr!!!

Wolfie
31-01-08, 03:03
Ok, guys, I'm really angry at myself because my health anx has come back!!!:mad: And I thought I was doing alright, without totally panicing over my health (last time I paniced about my health was almost a year ago!) But grrr!

And I was wondering whether someone can help!!

Well, you see, I'm overly anx about me having asthma, because it scares the living daylights out of me! And even for one second - if it feels like I can't breathe properly, I totally freak out and I can stop thinking "OMG, ITS FECKING ASTHMA. I'M GOING DIE." Which doesn't help, especially because I suffer from silly panic attacks! >=(

I'm usually alright about convincing myself and putting my own mind at rest that my health is alright, hence the reason why I lasted for a while without these fears!!

And because I'm all alert about not breathing right, I totally freak out when I'm having a PA, which I know just makes it a 1000 times worse! Because I panic even more! And so forth..

Well, I'm hoping someone can help in any way at all! Because it would really be a godsend!

Sorry, if I'm repeating myself throughout the post! It's because I'm so worked up!!! :sad:

Please help.

Wolfie xx

sarajane
31-01-08, 03:39
Quote: "I'm usually alright about convincing myself and putting my own mind at rest that my health is alright, hence the reason why I lasted for a while without these fears!!
And because I'm all alert about not breathing right, I totally freak out when I'm having a PA, which I know just makes it a 1000 times worse! Because I panic even more! And so forth.."

Wolfie, You know how to relax OK, I understand that at the moment it doesn't seem to be working for you,

So try this, . . . and see how you go OK . .

Go and have a cool shower and just stand under the flowing water for a while and try to slow your breathing down, try to breath in and out your nose, sometimes it can calm down a asthma attack.

But Wolfie . . . if is really bad, you need get to a hospital ASAP.

So don't muck around - usually once I get to a hospital I find myself relaxing because I know I'm safe.

So if your normal relaxation methods aren't working get up to the hospital straight away.

Let me know how you are OK.

Asthma is very scary -I've been there many times.

I'll be sending you all my positive vibes through the internet OK.

Love SJ

Lilith1980
31-01-08, 10:46
Hey Wolfie (((((Hugs)))))

Do you think it could be the stress of your exams that has triggered off your health anxiety?

You have mentioned a few times in chat when you have done an exam and you dont think you have done too well. Maybe you are feeling stressed and down on yourself about them, and this in turn is triggering your anx about your health?

How long have you got to go until your exams finish? If you took a few hours or even a day out from revision this may help you relax hun. Go out with some friends or something?

Take care

Jo

xxxxx

jodie
31-01-08, 11:01
hiya wolfie

not sure if i can help realy i have health anx to and can make myself think i have all sorts hun try to relax chill a little i am sure you will know if you are realy realy ill or that it is anx and panic i know when i stop to think i can tell that it is me being panicy and not somthing that is wrong with my health

have some hugs mate :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1:

jodie xx

manmoor
31-01-08, 12:19
Wolfie :bighug1:

I'm usually alright about convincing myself and putting my own mind at rest that my health is alright, hence the reason why I lasted for a while without these fears!!

I think you should print this wee bit out you said earlier hun :yesyes: You have did it before and you can get back to this way of thinking but until them have a hug from me :bighug1: xxx

chalky
31-01-08, 12:24
Hi Wolfie,

Asthma is one of those conditions which is most dangerous if un-diagnosed or un-treated.Yours is not in either category.
You have the tools to deal with this both physically and mentally-your post acknowledges this.
Your exams may have added a bit more stress lately but they will soon be ouf the way.
You are a superstar!!!!
Keep being positive.
Best wishes,
Chalky

efc2411
31-01-08, 13:37
I wouldnt worry to much at all, I think if you really were having an asthma attack youd be really wheezing for a start wolfie, I know when its anxiety causing it you dont wheez!
:)