PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Debs78
31-01-08, 06:56
Dear All

My name is Deborah and i'm 29yrs old. I'm so pleased I've found this website and it gives information that no other seems to. Thank you to Nicola and Meg for setting this up.

I've developed anxiety following being diagnosed with asthma in Nov last year. I was so frightened of the asthma and convinced myself it was going to kill me. Still 3 months on and its now under control, but i've still got aniexity. I've had some CBT with a counsellor which helped as this whole thing make me look at other areas in my life and past that i'd not really dealt with. I'm off work sick at the moment and as i went back three weeks ago but the anxiety got worse and i feel like I've gone back stages, although its not as bad as before. One thing I've realised is anxiety is individual to us all. I was a little apprehensive to read other peoples story for fear or them happening to me (silly i know) but its reinforced to me that we each have out own story/journey. This site has given me so much hope knowing that i'm not alone :)

Deborah x x

Pickle
31-01-08, 07:07
Hi Deborah, :welcome: to NMP - it's a great site with loads of information and great people always willing to listen and help

Take care

manmoor
31-01-08, 07:09
Hi Deborah,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

ladygrom
31-01-08, 07:20
hi deborah welcome to nmp youl find loads of info on this site and make some great friends to and your certainly not alone tc xx

bluesparkle
31-01-08, 07:31
hello deborah
welcome to nmp :)
you are most definately not alone... everyone is really freindly here
rach

Lilith1980
31-01-08, 08:45
Welcome Deborah, good to have you in NMP :D

xxxxx

trac67
31-01-08, 12:42
Hi Debs,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

chalky
31-01-08, 12:54
Hi Deborah,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of advice and support here.It's good to hear that you have sorted out treatment for your asthma.
Don't forget to read about the positive,success stories here too!
Best wishes,
Chalky

celeste
31-01-08, 13:19
Hi Deborah, I'm new too. Welcome :)

sarajane
31-01-08, 13:40
:welcome: Deborah,
You will meet lots of really nice people here. I'm only relatively new here myself, joining NMP was the best thing I've ever done. Glad to hear that you have your asthma under control.

Sarajane (SJ)
:bighug1:

Lindalou64
31-01-08, 14:07
hello deb and welcome i know asthma can be scary as i have it myself..but with the right medice can be controlled...and for reading others is not silly thats called empathy anxiety which i have also but i know what i can read and what i cant...we all have anxietys in dif ways as you say and some we cant relate but try.. so never feel bad for that..........i wish you well.........linda

kellie
31-01-08, 15:15
hiya debs welcome to nmp. im sure you will get lots of good advice here and make some great friends as well. hope to see you in the chat room.

take care .

kellie

Emilys
31-01-08, 16:16
:welcome:
Hi Debs

Welcome to NMP

:yahoo:
E
x

B happy
31-01-08, 17:19
welcome nmp you will feel so at home here you will beable to ask all the question you want and no one judges you iys a great place to be part off .
good luck and once again welcome:hugs: :)

groovygranny
31-01-08, 18:56
Hello Debs:welcome: to you!

Yep you're definitley not alone here - and I'm glad you're already finding the site very helpful.

Plenty more where that came from!

One of my daughters has asthma and it is completely under control - I also have it but very mildly.

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Debs78
31-01-08, 23:06
Thanks so much to you all for the warm welcome.

Debs x x

xBettyBoopx
01-02-08, 03:47
Hi Debshttp://re3.mm-a3.yimg.com/image/2563787774

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Elspeth

monique
01-02-08, 05:46
Welcome Deborah,

Welcome. You will get lots of understanding here.

Love Monique

Nibbles
01-02-08, 21:20
Hi Deborah and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

nomorepanic
02-02-08, 20:05
Hi Debs

:welcome: and lovely to see you here.

You will meet some lovely caring people here and make some great friends along the way.

Have a good read of the website pages on the left for loads of advice as well.

Southern_Belle
03-02-08, 16:17
Hi Deborah,

Welcome to NMP. I do know how scary asthma is as my son has it and as a baby it scared me to death! You do learn how to live with it. You will find tons of support here.

Hugs,

Laura

Pink Princess
04-02-08, 02:54
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z24/ns-mymyspacelayouts/stopping-by-to-say-hello-gotta-go-s.gif

hey welcome to the site, take kare xxxxxx