PDA

View Full Version : And Now The Weather

weeble40
31-01-08, 09:29
I thought it maybe interesting to start a weather post, its something we all moan about most days so why not do it on here,

today in lincolnshire it is very windy,(gale force) raining and rivers are rising again

anyway just an idea,

Take care all

Emma x

sarajane
31-01-08, 09:49
:yesyes:
Great idea Emma . .

I love to brag

So . . .
Here on the NSW - North East Coast of Australia

The weather is fine - not a cloud to be seen
Just another beautiful summer day in Paradise

Surf boards are out -Beers are cooling - Picnic packed

OK - we're off to the beach

:yesyes:
SJ

" well you did ask"

jodie
31-01-08, 10:23
hiya

well sara lol it sure is not like that in uk:blush:

it is sunny but very windy and they say we will get snow on friday i will be happy with that i like the cold lol

jodie xxx

Lilith1980
31-01-08, 10:37
It has been horrible here, really really wet and windy!

Seems to have died off slightly, the blue skies have come out but its still raining.

SaraJane, yeah yeah enjoy the beach, I'm not jealous at all! ;)

xxxxx

dawny
31-01-08, 10:42
morning

the weather in the midlands today is, wet, windy, hale and oh sunshine....a typical british day...lol

im staying put.....!!!!!!

love dawny

ladygrom
31-01-08, 10:48
its realy horrible here 2 wet windy someone as said we might av snow tomoz .and sarajane i wished i was at the beach il visulise the beach instead lolxx

fifi
31-01-08, 10:48
But Sarah - you may have the weather but you can keep your huge flying insects, cockroaches and biggest spiders that I ever have seen!

Wet, windy, miserable in the south east and not likely to see any snow!:weep:

manmoor
31-01-08, 11:30
Good post Emma :yesyes:

Here the weather is cold wet and windy and snow is lightly falling. I love snow usually but have alot of driving to do this weekend on country roads with my job so dreading it if the snow keeps coming. xxx

t0rt01se36
31-01-08, 11:53
The gale force wind is freaking me out. So not looking forward to snow as I can hardly stand up in the stupid stuff, neva mind walk and it was raining here so much, that I could hear it and I could hardly sleep. Sunny at mo and am pretending I'm booking a flight to Oz.

chalky
31-01-08, 12:19
Hi Guys,

I got sunshine,blue skies and the heating on in County Down.
I am getting gale force winds,rain,sleet and snow later.
Yippee.

Who needs the Aussie life!!!!
Best wishes,
Chalky

IrishPrincess
31-01-08, 12:33
Its baltic,wet and very windy here in dublin and supposed to be snowing the weekend and i'm off on a weekend away,but sure its all good:D .

Karen:hugs:

groovygranny
31-01-08, 13:21
Wet and flippin' windy down yer in Dev'n too!

And that's just GG lol !! (curry last night :blush: http://iesmileys.com/img/characters/iesmileys0187.gif (http://iesmileys.com/) )

I do like it cold and crisp http://iesmileys.com/img/characters/iesmileys0460.gif (http://iesmileys.com/)....

..but, I could be persuaded to go with Sarajane's Surfboards, Beers and Picnic a the mo !! http://iesmileys.com/img/characters/iesmileys0201.gif (http://iesmileys.com/) http://iesmileys.com/img/characters/iesmileys0270.gif (http://iesmileys.com/) http://iesmileys.com/img/party/iesmileys1440.gif (http://iesmileys.com/)

<sigh> Happy ruddy Daze !!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

:flowers:

weeble40
31-01-08, 14:00
well the sun has just come out here its still very chilly though, are we all forecast snow in uk tomorrow then? we never get any on the east coast, should i say we lucky, a little dusting on the weekend might be nice, take out the sledge, more broken bones lol

see you all at top of the hill with ya wellies on, do wrap up warm it be cold up there, dont forget your snow boards

Emma xx

anxious
31-01-08, 14:34
BBBBBrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr freezing here, nearly blew my roof off last night and not much better today. Its snowing/sleeting too. Wish it would stick........but not until we are all home safe.

anx x

reporting from west yorkshire :D

eeyorelover
31-01-08, 14:36
We've had below zero wind chills for 3 days now and tonite and tomorrow we are supposed to get up to 10 inches of snow!!
I'm so SICK of winter already!!
LOL

anxious
31-01-08, 14:38
http://www.uselessgraphics.com/IGLOO.gif

weeble40
31-01-08, 15:08
wow just checking out the news its terrible in china, i hope everyone safe,

Stay warm people, keep safe

can i have some of your snow eeyore for our snowboarding at the weekend

Emma xxxxxx

bottleblond
31-01-08, 17:39
Fab idea!!

Weather here in Livingston (just outside Edinburgh) is absolutely miserable. Not onlt did the hailstones wake me up loads during the night but it's been snowing most of the day and blowing a gale. I love the snow but it never lay!! Boooo!

Love Lisa
xxx

Coni
31-01-08, 20:17
Hi everyone...Lisa we've had gale force winds, sushine, blizzards and rain too...missed the hail though (Im not far from you)....but we had some lightning this morning too....ooooh dont ya just love january lol!

luv Coni XX

Pickle
31-01-08, 21:25
Well here in Runnymede (Surrey) its been cold with storm force winds and torrential rain pounding on the windows. Just been out and altho the rain has stopped its now nearing freezing and the wind is bitter. Forecast for tommorow is more strong winds and maybe some sleet.

Australia??? Where is that anyway lol who needs sun, surf and sea - ME :D

Take care everyone

PS Great post Emma

jodie
01-02-08, 13:43
hiya

well it is snowing :yesyes: but melting :lac: in the northeast
not as bad as they sead it was going to be !!

jodie xx

kate
01-02-08, 14:36
Been sunny all day here in the West Midlands :D

weeble40
01-02-08, 15:21
update from north east coast 3.15 pm

Its raining hard i think it could even be trying to snow, the wind is picking up speed this could lead to blizzards,

Stay warm and safe folks hot chocolate in front of the fire is advice for the day,

Emma x

knightbabe
01-02-08, 16:26
It's been windy all day, followed my rain and now snow. Lovely Lincolnshire.
Leigh

weeble40
01-02-08, 16:59
Breaking News:

ITS SNOWING in Cleethorpes and Grimsby

a severe weather warning has been issued by the met office for North East Linconshire, gale force winds are making driving conditions extremly hazardous, the blizzards I predicted are set to begin at 3am, up to 10cm of snow is set to fall overnight,

Proceed with caution folks

Hot chocolate at the ready

Emma xxxx

were in lincs are you knightbabe xx

debera
01-02-08, 17:34
well we are having a snow storm here in canada. and its suppose to get worse as the day goes on. cant wait until spring rolls around
debera

dawny
01-02-08, 17:35
snow in dudley....17.35.....yippee

Coni
01-02-08, 17:42
Well...Ive been waiting on the snow all day and it hasnt arrived.....some strong winds but no rain and no snow....it is getting very cold now though so maybe tonight....I dont mind snow so long as I dont have to drive in it.

Actually it didnt really get dark till about 5.10 tonight which is wonderful....spring is coming lol!

luv Coni XX

trac67
01-02-08, 17:58
Its been sunny but freezing here in the south, its not fair living by the coast we hardly ever get snow :lac:

Love

Trac xxx

weeble40
01-02-08, 17:59
Coni its true went to mums today and she has snowdrops growing in her garden, Spring will be here soon

Emma xxxx

Lilith1980
01-02-08, 19:01
We've had snow and hail today - lovely!!!

I saw some crocuses growing today too and thought Spring is on the way - roll on summer that's what I say :)

kate
01-02-08, 19:09
Well, after posting or should that be boasting, about the sun, at 4.30pm we had a hail storm followed by snow! It's now mega windy and freeeeeeezing.

Kate

Pickle
01-02-08, 20:45
Well I'm not sure what happened to the bad weather we had forecast but today in Surrey was the exact oppostite of yesterdays. We have had blue skies and sunshine all day!! Ok, so it was chilly but I still managed to take my IPod and a cuppa onto the decking for half an hour of fresh air.

It's meant to get colder tonight, maybe below freezing, lets see what tomorrow brings.

Take care those of you with the snow and ice

ladygrom
02-02-08, 06:29
well today in staffordshire weve got snow only a little bit tho but at least weve got some i love the snow xx

weeble40
02-02-08, 12:56
What a difference a day makes

The sun is out the sky is blue no sign of the snow i was promised, guess ill have to go shopping instead of sledging, roll on summer, saturday BBQs cool glass of lager in the garden,

Emma xxx

sandramick
02-02-08, 13:05
it snowed with me it lovely bin out sledging on quad bike sun shining if only every day this pretty .x x

tayside lassie
02-02-08, 13:15
tayside has broken sunshine ,dry and bright , dont know how cold it is im always hot lol.. with ma meno .

sally....

anxious
02-02-08, 14:51
woke up to snow, but now its all gone and its sunny,

anx x

ladygrom
03-02-08, 04:52
all the snow as melted now didnt last long at all i guess thats the last of it now tc xx

sarajane
03-02-08, 07:22
Well I suppose I deserved this - after all the bragging I did about our beautiful weather. (Karma) LOL
Just to let you know my family are dry and safe - as we live on Grafton South Hill.

Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology NSW

Priority NSW SEVERE WEATHER WARNING for Flash Flooding

For people in Northern Rivers and Midnorth Coast.
Issued at 4:05 pm on Sunday 3 February 2008

Synoptic Situation: 3:00 pm EDT Sunday
A high pressure ridge along NSW coast direct moist onshore winds.
Cumulative rainfall effect is expected to cause local flash flooding mostly north of Coffs Harbour.
Emergency services advise do not enter flood water. Stay well clear of creeks, storm drains and causeways.

Sarajane

alexis
03-02-08, 09:04
Hi thanks goodness you are all safe, well on the north East coast today it is bright and the sun is trying to get out, but I feel the sky is full of ""something""Ive checked the forecast so many times as some says snow and some say rain and Im driving into the middle of nowhere today so hope its going to be rain!!!
Anywhere has to be warmer than my house as I enter into my second week with no heating or hot water.
Have a nice day xxx

kate
03-02-08, 10:02
It's warmer here today and lovely sunshine :D

Kate

Pickle
03-02-08, 10:43
My washing is on the line as its a sunny and blustery day with clear blue skies here in Surrey. We've been very lucky as most of the bad weather predictions seem to have missed us.

Glad eveyone is ok Sarajane, take care

weeble40
03-02-08, 17:51
SJ i hope you safe my friend get in touch leave me some kind of message PLEASE

been a nice day here today no snow or rain still quit chilly though,

Emma xx

weeble40
12-02-08, 17:47
Has the sun got his hat on or what,

looks like spring is on the way

heres to good times in the sunshine :)

Emma xxx

and I just found an ant in my bathroom

Richie
15-02-08, 21:15
hI ALL x
alot been said about the weather , and i know alot of you get SAD during these wintry months. But is there anybody out there who sort of gets it in reverse?????
I feel much better, calmer and peaceful at night than in the day and safer and happier on wet gusty freezing cold gloomy days!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared10:
Sometimes i lie awake dreading the dawn!!! sometimes crying from 4am onwards
Now i'm finding myself feeling physically sick at the thought of the summer and the longer lighter nights. :dribble:
Could be that im a vampire or certainly one of the living dead lol:madness: help anyone else feel this crazy:roflmao:

Richie
15-02-08, 21:19
OR SHOULD I GET BACK IN MY COFFIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weeble40
11-03-08, 09:17
What about all this wind luckily it hasnt reached the east coast yet, hope everyone is safe

keep warm

Emma xxx

kate
11-03-08, 14:17
Windy here and supposed to get worse tonight/tomorrow morning.

I hate it sooo much, makes me all panicky. I worried all weekend about the storms coming over Sunday night, and although windy, we didn't get any damage. Now they are saying about tonight and tomorrow I'm all panicky again. I worry cos my rabbits live outside and also cos I have to take my daughter to stage school tonight :scared15:

Kate

jill
11-03-08, 14:30
Hi All :shades: GREAT thread :yesyes:

Here is the weather from Liverpool.

Very cloudy day, raining on and off. Winds not to bad, AT THE MO LOL.

Hubby has gone to a better place, Tenarife, sun, sand, sea AND beer :wacko: :shades: He has just text me, said "got here safe, plane took off well, (ohh I should think so LOL :scared10: ) waiting at the bar for the lads" Blimey, don't miss the beer, BUT would LOVE some of that sunshine :shades: :roflmao:

LOVE JILLXX

kate
11-03-08, 21:21
We just had a mad 2 minute hail storm and hailstones were bouncing down our fireplace :ohmy:

Kate

alexis
12-03-08, 00:00
Weather bad here, the dog is going daft as he did on night of earthquake, just standing by door barking, hope that doesnt mean another tremor??

Pickle
06-04-08, 07:45
After what I've just seen out of my kitchen window, I thought I'd resurrect this old post of Emmas.

You know you are in England when 3 days ago you were sitting outside a Coffee Shop in a t-shirt enjoying the sunshine, and today you wake up to a semi blizzard and 3 inches of snow!!!

It brings back memories of 1989 when my niece was born. On the Sunday she was born I have pictures of my two kids playing in shorts and t-shirts and 3 days later I have pictures of them in ski suits playing in the snow!!!

Oh well, its the sofa and a good film for me today, the garden will have to wait another week!!

Have fun

kate
06-04-08, 08:18
Loads of snow here in the West Midlands and freezing cold!

PUGLETMUM
06-04-08, 09:31
:yesyes: :shrug: :wacko: ME TOO!!!! its lovely here, although its all melting now:lac: ive been up since 4am - got out of bed at 6 and it looked gorgeous - but in april!!!! it wont last tho will it and prob next wek well start summer or something daft!:winks:

kate
06-04-08, 10:52
Yes, it's melting here really quickly in the sun :D

kate
06-04-08, 10:53
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm197/katetinkerbell/000_0023.jpg

6.30am this morning!

Kate

honeybee3939
06-04-08, 19:46
Ohh wow Kate what a great Pic !

Ive just got back home after a traumatic afternoon with hubby driving over the Yorkshire Moors, i honestly thought we where going to get stranded for the night, the snow was horrendous! Next time they forecast snow im stopping at home!.lol:wacko:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

kate
06-04-08, 20:12
Ooooooh how scary, Andrea :ohmy:

Glad you are home safely!

Love Kate xx

jodie
21-11-08, 17:10
hiya ppl

did anyone get snow yet ?

it is freezing here but no snow boooo lol

jodie xx

lorac
21-11-08, 17:59
no snow yet in Essex Jodie but a few showers and a really cold wind

Carol

jill
21-11-08, 21:48
It is now, 21.45 on a hot night in Liverpool,:shades: :yesyes: we are outside by the pool having a party,:yahoo: lots of glasses chinking and laughter to be heard. AND THEN....... I WOKE UP.:doh: :whistles: :roflmao:

Ohhh its freezing, no snow here.

sheena
22-11-08, 12:45
No snow here in Bedfordshire. We had the gritters out last night but obviously not needed. However, when we had the last downfall of snow the gritters came out to late so I think the council were just playing safe.#

It is cold though so I am holed up in my sitting room with the fire on.

Sheena

marie1974
22-11-08, 12:48
no snow here in gloucestershire but we have had hail stones and its freezing.

kate
23-11-08, 09:57
We had a light sprinkling in Brum overnight but has since poured with rain and is freezing cold!

honeybee3939
23-11-08, 10:36
Had light snow in the night in Yorkshire but soon turned to rain, very cold here too:wacko: .

Andrea
xxxx

t0rt01se36
23-11-08, 11:56
I echo what Honeybee has said.

Knowing we were gonna get snow made me feel uneasy and I didn't sleep very well last night, especially when the rain kept hitting my bedroom window.

Ju

jodie
23-11-08, 12:03
hiya

we did get a bit of snow i love it lol been out with my little girl all morning playing but it is melting now booo :lac: .
never mind had fun while it was there ,going to get dry and warn now lol.

jodie xx

sheena
23-11-08, 12:23
We had a light dusting of snow here in Bedfordshire. Then it was pouring with rain. The rain has stopped now and the sky is blue.

Sheena

lorac
23-11-08, 12:25
We also had a light dusting and like Jodie I love it, me and my boy been out in the garden getting cold and wet but its gone now and we have rain and it is still really cold.

Carol x

EdwardP
28-11-08, 22:19
It's so cold here in Ireland. I nearly froze to death this morning before I lit the fire :lac:

The Fool
28-11-08, 22:24
today in in derbyshire,england (well the bit i live in anyways)

the air was cool and crisp,the sky was a mixture of blues and greys,and it was perfectly still,but this evening and tonight there is a heavy fog,so if there is anyone out here in my village thinging of going to the switching on of the towns light................................dont bother you wont be able to see them!!!

EdwardP
29-11-08, 01:29
The air is crisp. I can see the stars and the moon from my skylight. A clear sky but a lot of frost developing :lac:

kate
29-11-08, 08:59
Thick fog here in Brum today.

Kate

sheena
29-11-08, 11:38
Foggy and damp here in Bedfordshire. Could not walk my dog Sadie as she has a bad heart.

Sheena

jill
29-11-08, 12:23
Ohhh it is below 0 today, :ohmy: very cold and foggy here in Liverpool, Mmm better rap up warm, going to see McFly tonight with my daughter.:yahoo:

LOVE JILLXX

The Fool
01-12-08, 13:17
its cold and still today.............................WHERE IS MY SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!