PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Fareham Hampshire

celeste
31-01-08, 12:20
Hi to everyone. Its great to see so many members from around my area. Its true what several members have said here...you really do feel like you're on your own...not any more I'm not! :)

To introduce myself. I'm 38, a mum of 2, seperated from my husband & work part time as a nurse.

My panic attacks started when I was a child I believe but have gradually increased with severity over the years as I succumbed to more stress in my life. I have managed to maintain some sense of 'normality' on medications but nothing seems to work particularly well with me. I have been to counselling too along the way.

What prompted my visit here? My husband left me 2 years ago. My anxiety played a part in that (however that doesn't excuse his 3 affairs!) . Since then I have been picking up the remnants of my life. I really want to get back out in the world & meet new people. This seemed like a pretty good place to start. Somewhere where people understand what I go through to step outside the door everyday. How I've managed to have 2 children & hold down my job...goodness only knows!

Anyway I'll get to reading all the posts & see you all around. :yesyes:

trac67
31-01-08, 12:26
Hi Celeste

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Im from just down the road to you in Gosport :)

Love

Trac xxx

manmoor
31-01-08, 12:27
Hi Celeste,

A big warm welcome to you hun :hugs: xxx

yorkylover
31-01-08, 12:28
Hello celeste & :welcome: Im from fareham to:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

chalky
31-01-08, 12:28
Hi Celeste,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

I am constantly amazed by the traumas people cope with before finding their way here.You are a pretty incredible person to hold down your job,cope with the kids and your separation.
I hope you will soon benefit from the support and advice available here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Lilith1980
31-01-08, 12:35
Hi Celeste, welcome to NMP! :D

Jo

xxxxx

maisiesmumx
31-01-08, 12:41
Hi celeste welcome i amnew here to but have found what little time i have been here very useful and welcoming

love and hugs faith xxx:welcome:

celeste
31-01-08, 13:17
Thank you for the very warm welcome. :)

Lindalou64
31-01-08, 14:08
HELLO CELESTE AND WELCOME TO THE SITE I WISH YOU WELL..........LINDA

kellie
31-01-08, 15:12
hiya celeste. welcome to nmp. hope you get as much help from all the great ppl on here as i do. hope to see you in the chat room some time .
take care .

kellie

Goodlife
31-01-08, 15:14
Hi
Welcome to the site, I'm from just outside Fareham-Wickham. I only joined this month and am finding it helpful and comforting knowing people are going through the same sort of stuff as me. Theres a get together organised for the 8th March at the Fareham pub in Fareham. If you look under Southampton posts you'll find the details.
:welcome: Again

groovygranny
31-01-08, 18:52
Hello Celeste:welcome: to you!

You are truly amazing for coping thus far with all that you have been through.

Time for you now - you'll get plenty of help and support here. There's some good info in the links on the left there, including personal stories and experiences of all types of anxiety and panic issues.

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

bluesparkle
31-01-08, 20:10
hello celeste
and welcome to no more panic...
well done for coping with everything...
you will make some great friends here and you will not feel alone.
have a really good look around the site and maybe pop in the chat room.
i too am a single mum i have four children and my partner left me a few months ago... i also work full time...it can be hard cant it but we will get through it.
this site has been a great support to me.
like someone said there is also a meet up near you in march...i know i am hoping to make it...
take care and look forward to hearing more from you
rach

Cassie
31-01-08, 21:04
Hi Celeste

From one nurse to another - welcome to the site xx

cardmaker
31-01-08, 21:58
Hi Celeste - welcome to the site :)

I lived in Lee-on-the-Solent for 18 years but have been back in Wales for the last 7.

yorkylover
01-02-08, 13:29
Hi cardmaker,love lee on solent,go there every saturday.Do you miss it by the sea.:bighug1:

cardmaker
01-02-08, 16:07
I miss Lee-on-the-Solent loads but I still live quite near the sea. I'm not far from Porthcawl which has a long promenade and is very popular with surfers.

Pink Princess
01-02-08, 18:33
http://seedsforsoul.com/blueangel/s23welcome2.jpg

welcome to the site xxxxxx

Nibbles
01-02-08, 21:31
Hi Celeste and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. You've shown amazing strength to come through what you have and I'm sure this will help you overcome your anxiety.

Take care,

Mike :)

nomorepanic
02-02-08, 20:05
Hi Celeste

:welcome: and lovely to see you here.

You will meet some lovely caring people here and make some great friends along the way.

Have a good read of the website pages on the left for loads of advice as well.

Southern_Belle
03-02-08, 16:14
Hi Celeste,

Welcome to NMP. You have overcome quite a lot for someone even without anxiety so you should be quite proud of yourself! You will find many here who you can relate to and will find support.

Hugs,

Laura