PDA

View Full Version : Think im going mad!

andy_uk
08-03-05, 18:50
Ok not having a good day today.

I started the day good and got through half of it and then bam it starts.

I start thinking about things and getting panicky and that makes me need the toilet bad then i start thinking there is something wrong with me thats causing it so i started checking my pulse which i think is ok as in around 66 - 72 yet i still keep checking incase it drops or stops when i know full well that if it did stop there wouldnt be a damn thing i could do about it anyway.

The doc has told me a million times before that there is nothing wrong with my bp or pulse or heart yet i still panic that i have something wrong with it or i have some fatal disease think im starting to go clinically insane or something and when i tell people who i know about my worries i either get laughed at or told im an idiot and going mad is this normal for anxiety/panic attacks.
:( :(

Meg
08-03-05, 18:53
'I start thinking about things and getting panicky''

Energy follows thought.
If you think scary thoughts you will feel anxious.... so 'it' doesn't start out of nowhere - you create it by your thought pattern

Many many people have health anxiety and what you're recounting is extremely common. Probably the most common HA issue.

Please take a moment to read the HA page on the home pages.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

andy_uk
08-03-05, 19:21
Yeah i guess your right i had not had a panic attack for 2 year but then i got flu and since then i keep panicking that im ill or seriously ill i am fine while i have something taking my mind off it but as soon as i try relaxing or have a minute free my mind starts ticking over and there it goes again.

On a good note i go to college soon to try and get a decent qualification since when i was at school i didnt do too good and left it a few year before i decided i wanted to do something about it but perhaps that will help as i will have something to occupy my mind.

JPF
08-03-05, 19:26
Hang on in there Andy, it's just a temporary set-back, look on it as a blip.. As Meg says, keep your mind from the scary thoughts if you can, I try and it helps me a lot...

Stay busy and stay positive and the worm will turn back for you I'm sure.

Good luck and good health

J

FAN
08-03-05, 19:29
hi im sure you will be fine, as you say your ok until something makes you think about being ill then that triggers it, read through some of the posts on here you will see most of us have been there and do have blips but you can get back on top

fan x

andy_uk
08-03-05, 19:38
I hope so as im driving my family nuts with it they dont understand that i cant help it and i dont do it intentionally they just shout at me over it and tell me im being stupid it aint like id do it for the fun thats a fact as it isnt fun and it is very real to me even if it isnt to them they dont seem to get that shouting at me gives me something else to worry over as im then worried about what they will say if i have a panic attack but like i said i will have something to occupy my thaughts soon and like you all have said im sure ill overcome it i have once and was very glad to after being like it from 16 - 22 then i got over it and two years later it pops its ugly head back up thanks all who replied anyway made me feel a little better just wish the people at home was as supportive.

"Tis easy enough to be pleasant, when life flows like a song. But the man worthwhile is the one who will smile when everything goes dead wrong"

Meg
08-03-05, 20:05
Hi Andy ,

Shouting certainly doesn't help at all . Sorry to hear that is their attitude .

Good news about college - what are you going to study ?

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

sal
08-03-05, 20:18
Hi Andy

Pity you are not getting a bit more support, but that often happens as people dont seem to understand.

I know how hard it is, i got sick off been told to pull myself together, if only that easy.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

andy_uk
08-03-05, 20:44
Yeah only too true im going to study computer electronics etc i already have a qualification in hardware and software but it is only an ocn so want to go to college and then maybe university and get a degree if i can get through it that is

"Tis easy enough to be pleasant, when life flows like a song. But the man worthwhile is the one who will smile when everything goes dead wrong"

FAN
08-03-05, 20:46
hi stick around we can help support you and get through most things

fan x

henri
08-03-05, 21:13
hey andy,

that's amazing about your course, it sounds like you have a positive attitude, which is half the battle, i always think.
henri x

nomorepanic
08-03-05, 21:39
Hi Andy and welcome aboard. Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

sal
08-03-05, 22:29
Hi Andy

We will help you all we can. Good luck with your course and well done for getting out there and doing something worthwhile.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

lainey
09-03-05, 08:58
Hi Andy

Welcome to the forum.
You'll get loads of help and support here
Good luck with the course

Take care

Elaine x

lisarose
09-03-05, 10:05
Hi Andy welcome to the forum,

You are not going mad, but i know it does feel like it as I was the same, I thought that all the symptoms I was having could not possibly caused by anxiety and convinced myself it must be something more sinister. After suffering many different symptoms for 4 years and having loads of medical tests etc, I finally accepted that it had to be anxiety, I started a course of medication and the panic attacks got less frequent, the other symptoms eased and I started to get my life back on track. I started a part-time college course doing psychology last september and it gave me my confidence back and gave me something else to concentrate on rather than sitting at home and dwelling on my illness. It has been the best thing I have done in years and I will definately continue. I still have bad days, infact I have had a bad time for the last 3 weeks with different things going on in my life but am starting to feel better again and have looked on it as a blip and am determined it won't set me back too far as I have come such along way in the last 12 months. Finding this site has been a huge help to me also as I know I am not alone with this illness and everyone here is so friendly and supportive and if I am having a bad day I know there are people on here ready to give me advice and kind words which always makes me feel better.

Good luck with the college course - you will love it!!
Take care
Love Lisaxxx

andy_uk
09-03-05, 14:54
yeah i know what you mean about having nothing to do and dwelling on things it was the best thing i could think of to take my mind off it im glad to hear it worked for you and it is assuring knowing that it isnt just me who has these thaughts and there are a lot of good people out there who can support each other in this way and help each other through it.

On a good note im having quite a good day today :)

Thanks again all
Andy x