PDA

View Full Version : can someone help me

Deadgirl
31-01-08, 17:39
ok, so i`m pretty badly prone to bouts of hypercondria, but recently, for the past three days ive been at my worst, i have an everlasting obsesstion with blood clots, since my first attack, its always been blood clots, and well recent events hasnt helped at all! i descovered a sore red patch under the skin on my leg, felt likea bruise but wasnt blah blah, so i showed my mam hoping she could talk me out of it, but instead she told me to see the doctors caus it could be a blood clot, which meant i was in hysterics inside by this point, i went to the doctors, hes told me i have varicose veins, at 21 years old!!! as if that isnt bad enough, it doesnt look like a typical varicose vein, its a swollen red patch and despite my doctors assurance imconvinced im going to die any moment from an embolism, ive been at maximum stress point recently and im heading fast into a breakdown. I was wondering if anyone has any tips on taking my mind off this, ive tried everything, buti can never take my mind off bloody clots. I have a splitting headache but im too worried to take paracetamol incase itbreaks loose or somthing. its really getting to me now, im at breaking point.
thankxxx

sandbanks
31-01-08, 22:36
HI HON
GOT YOURSELF IN A BIT OF A TISS, U HAVE BEEN TO DOCTORS AND HIS TOLD YOU WHAT IT IS, 1ST CHOICE,IF YOUR STILL SO WORRIED YOU MUST GO BACK AND EXPLAIN TO DOC HOW YOU FEEL, AND HOPEFULLY HE OR SHE WILL PUT YOUR MIND AT REST, KEEP BUGGING THEM TO YOUR HAPPY
2ND CHOICE EXCEPT WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD I(I NO EASEIR SAID THAN DONE) LOOK AROUND THE SITE, U WILL SEE SO MANY PEOPLE DO THE SAME THING ,IT SO HORRIBLE WHEN U CANT GET SOMETHING OUT YOUR MIND LIKE THIS, AND IT WONT GO AWAY, BUT U CAN!!! EVERY TIME IT COMES INTO YOUR HEAD, CHUCK IT OUT, THINK OF ANYTHING OTHER THAN IT!!! IT TAKES PRIACTICE BUT IT CAN BE DONE.

BE STRONGE AND GET STRONGER
THE ONLY DAY WASTED IS A DAY WITHOUT LAUGHTER:flowers:
TAKE CARE AND KEEP US POSTED
SANDY :yahoo:

Richie
31-01-08, 23:23
Hi dead girl
not surprised u real low when your doc has said you have varicose veins at 21 but they can't harm you, sometimes it runs in the family as well, alot of people (older) have them removed or surgery to make them less conspicuous, but i know it's really the blood clots u worried about of course
When you are hypersensitive about something you ge real "tuned in" to it. could be blood clots or it could be hands trembling or a cat jumping up on your lap or anything at all , cause all of us here are"Tuned in" to something so we look for it all the time convinced that the worse is going to happen, convinced that it is reality but pretty much all the time it is'nt real. Most of it is in our imagination and our minds playing tricks on us. If we can keep distracted(easier said than done) then it does help cause we can tune in to a real good wavelength
rather than the scary one.
Tis not easy but how about music, u like listening to?
sorry not very bright suggestion !
Hope you get some more replies on this
Remember your family love you and they are there for you
Maybe you could say "right i'm gonna have a second opinion on this with another doc in your practice if they say the same then i'll do my best to let it go"
lots of love Richie xxxxxx

lesleyB
01-02-08, 10:58
Hi dead girl, if it was a blood clot your whole leg would be swollen and painfull, so try to put this out of your mind and forget it, not easy I know.As you have a varicous vein take care of your legs to keep the circulation going, walking is good a don't cross your legs. Sorry if I sound like I am telling you what to do, but hope that helps.:bighug1:
Lesleyb

Deadgirl
01-02-08, 11:11
thanx all, yeah i was pretty bad yesterday, its this whole stress thing, i get bad weeks and good weeks, im feeling a little better now, bumed out about the whole veiny leg thing but well to admit it, im still a little funny about it, there is still this nagging `blood clot` thought in my mind, but everyones told me, my whole leg would be swollen, so even though its so convincing, i know its most likely all in my head. It amazes me sometimes how convincing a thought can be, i suppose i should have realised in the begining, i once convinced myself i had cancer for 3 weeks over this little bruise on my thigh, that was awful, thanks for the support, i take my dog out every day to the park so thats going to keep my circulation going, ive always had bad circulation, and the park is about a 15 minute walk and hes a jack russel x so hes got alot of energy, plus i have rats to look after, so ive always got something to take my mind off it, i have to go back to the doctors soon for my assessment so i think instead of making an appointment sooner, ill wait and have a word with him about the whole thing, hes a really good doctor and very understanding so im not worried about it.
thanks everyone xxx

Emilys
01-02-08, 11:21
Hi deadgirl

im only 23, i was told a year ago i had varicose veins and it freaked me out big time, but this year my grandad was rushed to hospital with DVT, which got my thinking of bloods clots constantly so i know what your going though.... i went to the doctors so many time for them to reassure me that the veins in no way shape or form can cause clots/dvt's.:ohmy:

I had a hospital app to have them removed in on jan 4th, but i got so scared ended up cancelling the app.... havent yet made a new one :weep:

x

Deadgirl
01-02-08, 14:48
blood clots are horrible things to play on your mind, they always give me the most severe panic attacks, every hospital ive been carted to hasb een caus ive worried over blood clots, worst part is, my friend just told me my recent lip piercing is probably the cause, even though i took anti-biotics after i had it done for a chest infection, which would have killed any bacteria, shes blown me right out of the water and convinced me ive got a piercing related blood clot now, its really anoyed me caus i wanted a lip piercing for so long and now its just about healed, if i get any worse im worried ill end up taking it out. garrgh im panicky again now lol no winning. sorry about your gramps, i hope you start to feel better soon. mine doesnt look like a vein see, its jkust this painful red patch under my skin, so thats why im so unsure :(

Southern_Belle
03-02-08, 17:06
Hi,

Since you say you have an understanding doctor I would make another appointment to see him and tell him your worrys and reassure yourself. I'm positive you are okay but that would make you feel better. As for your friend, why don't you tell her about how you worry and ask her politely not to bring up things that would worry you about your body. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Hugs,

Laura

Deadgirl
09-02-08, 19:57
well something happened to take my mind off, sorry for the late reply my computer crashed, i got sacked from my job for something i didnt do and i have a huge black mark on my cv now, which untill now was shinning. so im unemployed and in trouble with the bank and skint, my parents help me out but i cant rely on them, also my boyfriend poor thing was taken into hospital because his asma is so bad, he got out yesterday, so it took my mind off my leg, its aching loads, and im told thats for life?!, anyway im still really bad but im a bit worse at the moment, i dont know what to do so i htink i will just go to my doctor, hes been really helpful and understanding and patient with me, im also going to take my boyfriend with me because hes seen my mood swings and i think another persons view would be useful, thanks all for advice, ill keep you posted, hope your all feeling ok xxx
deadgirl