PDA

View Full Version : Bit sad

Catwoman
01-02-08, 10:40
I know this sounds a bit self indulgent but I wanted a bit of a moan, and wonder if anyone else is in this situation?
I suffer from the dual problems of anxiety / depression and migraines / headaches, though I know there are medical links between depression and migraines due to links with the lack of seratonin.
Anyway to cut a long story short I have been on medication most of my life for the depression. I have just managed to taper off my last medication, Efexor and have now come off them completely as they were making me feel like a zombie (useful when working with politicians as I do!):wacko: . But I am now on very strong drugs to stop my migraines. I was on something called Epilim, it is in fact an anti epilepsy drug, but is used to treat migraine, but it made my hair come out in clumps :nonono: so I had to stop it. The doctor has now put me on an equally hard drug called Topiramate, which I have to get into my system. As you can imagine I feel like crap. I have a 6 year old son and a job in politics / media.
Right, at the moment my husband is acting like a right tool. :wacko: A total plonker. Aggressive, argumentative, shouting, screaming, blaming me for everything and it is totally wearing me down and making me tearful. :weep:
He is winding up one of the companies he owns so I think this is causing him stress, but the problem is he is one of these people who won't tell me what's happening, or speak about it at all, he would rather shout and scream. Our son is picking up on this as today he said to me "Mummy I need to pack a bag as I might have to leave home because I hate daddy shouting." :weep: I would not tell his father this as he would accuse me of making it up and it would cause another fight.
His dad is not always like this, but he has these black moods. He was ill treated by his mother when he was a child and I think this comes out now and again.
Anyway this is half a 'I need hugs' post (thanks to my job and the fact that I have suffered depression so bad I don't really have that many close friends to help) and half a post asking what do others do when they have partners who don't understand and who get agressive with them?

Thanks for listening.

Love Sue (aka Catwoman) - because I love cats, I don't look like Halle Berry! :D

SammiB
01-02-08, 11:38
I'm sorry to hear of your stressful situation at the moment.

wishing you lots of hugs and i hope these new drugs can help

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :bighug1:

Lindalou64
01-02-08, 12:48
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

FOU YOU SUE.......HOPE YA HUBBY BACKS OFF HUN AND REALIZES WHAT HE IS DOING TO YOU AND YA SON........I FEEL FOR YA......AND I HOPE THINGS GET BETTER FOR YOU....I WISH YA WELL...........LINDA XX

trac67
01-02-08, 13:10
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd29/Christinelim3388/hugs.gif

hope things improve for you soon
love
Trac xxx

Southern_Belle
01-02-08, 13:19
Hi Sue,

:bighug1:, hoping you feel much better real soon.

Love,

Laura

mirry
01-02-08, 13:20
Hi Sue , sorry your feeling so low at the moment ,
I too suffer with the silent migraines, anxiety and depression so can understand what you are coping with , there are so many pills out there for these problems but maybe you should be seeing a neurologist rather than a gp for your migraines ? They are experts indealing with this cos it is a neurological disease .

Now as for you Husband , you say he had a hard childhood but its really no excuse because its upsetting you all , He needs help , but I dont quite know who he should see ? either way you and your son deserve better , maybe you can work it out ? Will he calm down and listen or you could write a letter ?

Hope it turns out ok for you , heres a HUG :hugs: ,

chalky
01-02-08, 13:52
Hi Sue,

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You have certainly got your hands full at the minute.I hope the new Meds soon have a positive effect.
The position with your husband is clearly very difficult but if his behaviour is affecting your child then something will have to be done,sooner rather than later.
I hope it is all resolved soon.
Best wishes,
Chalky

EebyJeeby
01-02-08, 14:48
Hi Sue,

You've probably been round the block many times with the migraine investigations, but it's worth mentioning that it can be hormonal. I suffered from classical migraines (with the aura) for many years until I stopped taking the combined contraceptive pill - I haven't had a migraine since (5 years now!). For me this was an accidental discovery as, unfortunately, the GP never made the connection at the time.

It may not be of any relevance to your situation, but I thought it was worth mentioning just in case.

As for the situation at home, all I can suggest is that you both need to take some time out together to "re-connect" by talking everything through in earnest. I hope things calm down for you soon.

Eeb x

Nibbles
01-02-08, 21:15
I don't have a partner Sue so can't offer any advice other than perhaps talking to your family about it. What I can do though is send hugs and I'm sending you lots.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x220/ColColt/ATT130636544.gif

Take care,

Mike :hugs:

Catwoman
04-02-08, 11:40
Thanks so much everyone, everyone's love helped a lot. sx

manmoor
04-02-08, 13:59
:bighug1: SUE :bighug1: xxx

groovygranny
04-02-08, 15:44
I do hope, somehow, that things improve greatly for you very soon Sue.

You have an incredibly stressful job, and the lack of support from your partner oviously isn't helping this.

It's quite clear that he has 'issues' of his own - and Mirry is right, having a hard childhood may give a reason for why he is like it but not an excuse - and the effect it is having on your son is clearly detrimental to his well-being, and indeed yours.

If your partner isn't open to reasonable discussion and mutual agreement with you, then you'll just have to call the shots and tell him he must go and see someone about it - and see where you go from there.

Have hundreds of luv and hugs though as well

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

:flowers: