PDA

View Full Version : anxiety/panic cuming up to periods

alwaysanxious
01-02-08, 11:01
hello i was wondering if anyone could help me out ive been on cipralex 5 months now and in 12 days time im due my periods well last month and the month b4 that and this month im feeling really crap ,anxiouse panicky and just a flippin reck, im fed up with feeling like this just as i get a whole week of feeling great once a month im feeling horrible again like the first time of expericening panic. why does this do this during pmt so flippin many days b4 im due on . i kinda hoped that my meds would help this a little . im 38 and on 10 mg a day. sorry for rambling on but im so fustrated and i work so hard to try stay positive and accept my dragon as i call it is always there please help any advice would be greatly appreciated . thanks

lisa x

shoegal
01-02-08, 12:10
Hi there,

I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you, but I wanted to say you are not alone. I also suffer from terrible anxiety and panic which is worse before my period. It is definately PMT in my case! I try to organise anything stressful during the first 2 weeks of my cycle, so that I don't have so much to do when I'm feeling bad, but I've never really found anything that has helped to be honest.

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx

Allye
01-02-08, 12:36
You are not alone – hormones have a lot to answer for and when I had fertility treatment my anxiety went into orbit. I do find that acupuncture helps. Also rationalising that it is just hormones and nothing more sinister does help a bit.

alwaysanxious
01-02-08, 19:17
thankyou for ur advice both of you i will keep trying to remind myself its hormonal and im not mad just human ....lisaxxx:blush: